Burning the Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite why I stated it was a baseless rant. It's just frustrating.

Of course there are non-extremist Muslims. But there are, too, non-extremist participants of "x-religion" (x meaning any) that suffered terribly/died from 9/11. The world keeps turning. Karma is a b****.

The major downside and why I could disagree with this "burn the books" movement is that it just, in-turn, pisses off a bunch of people who are potentials /for/ the extremist training camps. Muslims and non-Muslims.

Disregard it or argue it. Don't flame. ~_^

This, though, is a case of 50 people pissing off 1.5 billion and representing everyone in America. I've been reading article after article about this garbage and people in Afghanistan already believe this is a US sponsored event. Group after group is urging the pastor not to go through with this and his only response is "I'll pray about it"... What in the hell is that going to accomplish? I mean no offense to anyone out there, but praying about something really doesn't yield any immediate answers. I have my reservations about prayer, but I'm not naive enough to think that God will talk to me directly and tell me whether or not something is a good idea... He gave me common sense for that.
I just can't believe the things some people would do in the name of God. On this church's website (yea I had to check it out) they preach that this is a warning... a warning to serve Jesus Christ. Because that's exactly how Jesus would have warned non-believers right? By desecrating that which is sacred to them. ...sigh, here's to another bloody religious conflict and pointless war in the name of God *lights another one*

Edit: My initial sentence was in response to the claim that they're doing this in response to 9/11. I'm one of those conspiracy theorists who believe that 9/11 was carried out by our own government. (like how NORAD stood down for over TWO HOURS!!!, don't think the terrorist had anything to do with that :rolleyes: )

Additional content: I seriously hope that the government intervenes here. Free speech should not be granted to those who would use it to put human life in danger. I've bled for mine, and these *edited* are about to piss on the grave of every soldier, marine, or service member who put the uniform on, all in the name of their false God. Not Jesus, because even though they claim to be Christian, they're actions prove otherwise. Oh man how I hate me some low life pieces of trash, and how I could go on about this but I'll stop and stfu now.

^ +1

Calling this an act in the name of God is complete and utter bullshit. They (this church) want to spite the muslims (terrorists). Which as I stated, I do and don't agree with. Whether this may or may not have good results is another question. Clearly they (extremist muslim terrorists that believe the "infidel" - those who do not submit - should be destroyed) are already pissed off, so what more harm could this do? Plenty is the answer, but are the members of this church ready to accept consequences for whatever may come of this?

Is this church in the registry of officially recognized churches? If not then it's not a church in eyes of the law. The protection of the Constitution would not apply. You have to apply for officially recognized status and if approved, tax exemption. You can't just toss up a sign and say you're a church. There's some hoops you have to jump through first.
God said to obey His Laws but He also said to obey man's laws also.
Did he bother to get a permit to have a public gathering? Don't think so. That's an illegal gathering. And considering the ban on burning I think they could arrest him and his followers to protect property and lives.
He is recklessly endangering the lives of people all over the world. That's a crime against humanity. Violation of international law.

Why did he go public with all that? He's wanting his 15 minutes of fame. But like all fanatics he's failed to think things through.
When he announced his intent, he jacked a round in the chamber. When he throws a copy of the Koran in the fire, he's pulling the trigger. Right now every US man, woman, and child, civilian or military all over the world, has a gun to thier head.

Who cares. Let them burn whatever they want. My only frustration is the amount of media this asshole's getting. That's all he cares about. Publicity.

...and they're giving it to him.

Who cares. Let them burn whatever they want. My only frustration is the amount of media this asshole's getting. That's all he cares about. Publicity.

...and they're giving it to him.

That's the problem though, it's getting worldwide media attention and it's going to cause even more problems.

I would have to disagree though that attention is all this guy is after. He's hell bent on causing problems and denouncing the Islam religion. He wrote a book about how Islam is "of the devil". He has the right to believe and write about whatever the hell he wants and, sure, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but every action will have an equal and opposite reaction. And this action, while the vision of one man and support of stupid believers who would follow a pig into the fire, will have a very severe reaction on a global scale. If this were to happen in the backwaters of Florida without anyone knowing about it except the ignorant hicks carrying out the act, then hell, I agree, who cares. However, it has drawn the attention of the world and he, despite the repercussions that will affect not only himself, plans to continue the act. That's where my frustration lies.

Quite why I stated it was a baseless rant. It's just frustrating.

Of course there are non-extremist Muslims. But there are, too, non-extremist participants of "x-religion" (x meaning any) that suffered terribly/died from 9/11. The world keeps turning. Karma is a b****.

The major downside and why I could disagree with this "burn the books" movement is that it just, in-turn, pisses off a bunch of people who are potentials /for/ the extremist training camps. Muslims and non-Muslims.

Disregard it or argue it. Don't flame. ~_^

Sorry I should have made it more clear I wasn't flaming your post because of your notation that it was a baseless rant. I think I was using your post as an example that there are people out there that DO really believe that sort of speak. Should have made it clearer that was my point. >.<

Sorry I should have made it more clear I wasn't flaming your post because of your notation that it was a baseless rant. I think I was using your post as an example that there are people out there that DO really believe that sort of speak. Should have made it clearer that was my point. >.<

Oh. No, no. Be it known, I did not take your post as flaming. That was simply a note to all others wishing to partake in the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom