power supply for lighting?

lemke254

Baseband Member
i was just thinking and i have a ton of extra cathodes that ive been trying to use and im wondering if i can somehow use an old psu i have laying around to power my lights without being hooked to a computer? also is there a way to extend cathode cables without loosing power? thanks

edit:
i figured out how to use the supply so now my only question is the extension part

theres no way to extend the cathode cable as far as i know. your out of luck for extending the part from the inverter to the cathode but you could extend the part from the psu to the inverter thing.

Not true. Performance-PCS.com sells cable extensions (2-pin Logisys style) for cold cathodes.

Not true. Performance-PCS.com sells cable extensions (2-pin Logisys style) for cold cathodes.

Yes but then the cold cathodes loose power and becomre dimmer, he was looking for a way to extend them without lossing power. its not possible to do that if you extend the cable after the inverter but if you extend the cable before the inverter it is fine.

Back
Top Bottom