Help for a new SLR camera

I have the Canon T2i and I love it! Right now I only have the 18 - 55mm lens that it came with and so far its all I've needed. Here are a few pictures I've taken...

a_bird_lol_by_mortalsinn-d2y7r3z.jpg

Rogue_by_mortalsinn.jpg

Rouge_Close_Up_by_mortalsinn.jpg

My_Fiancee__s_Wedding_Band_by_mortalsinn.jpg

My_Fiancee__s_Wedding_Band_2_by_mortalsinn.jpg

The quality looks pretty good from the standard kit lens at that size, but at full size, they look awful from review pictures I've seen.
You'd think at full size, with no down conversion, with a really good camera, you'd be expecting to get images straight out like your eye sees, with no noise/colour artifacts/blurriness

I don't think anyone with entry-level SLRs like the Rebels are going to make huge prints unless they're on a budget. I've never seen RAWs at full size from a professional-level camera though.

Also, post processing helps out tons too. These shots are with the kit lens from my Rebel XSi.

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

No reason why not Cabbs really.
The technology used in the new, even amateur cameras are surpassing the older pro cameras

I'm really tempted on going for the 550D today, and even though I have the money now, pay on a 6 month no interest so the money isn't going out all at once...

Im also going to be buying an SLR in the next month or two, im planning on getting the EOS 500D (T1i), between the T2i and the T1i, what are the main advantages?

15.1 million pixels vs 18 million pixels
35 zone metering vs 63 zone metering
Exposure compensation +/- 2 vs +/- 5
4:3 aspect ratio LCD vs 3:2 aspect ratio
920,000 dots vs 1,040,000 dots LCD
1080p @ 20fps vs 1080p @ 24-25-30fps
720p @ 30fps vs 720p @ 50-60fps
No crop function vs crop function
no microphone socket vs a microphone socket
3.4fps continuous shooting vs 3.7fps continuous shooting
SD/SDHC vs SD/SDHC/SDXC

If your not at all bothered by the video modes though, getting the 500D is probably a good choice. A cheaper body may mean you can afford a more effective/expensive lens, and that is what will determine the output quality in your shots.

I'm probably going to have to start with the 18-55mm and work my way up from there after I've gotten some experience with the camera

Right! Cheers Kage for the handy side-by-side comparison!

Gives me something to think about. Although i just bought a Nikon D3000 For my father (Wanted a basic SLR to get used to them), cost me $550 AU.

Back
Top Bottom