Admin Password recovery??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertman911

Baseband Member
Looking for a way in which I can obtain the password for my admin account. I set it a while back, and have lost it somehow. What I thought it to be does not work. I have searched on this topic with some variations, but no sure fire way to recover the password. Any help would be appreciated.

I forgot mine also im doing a reformatt later this week im gonna gave to write it down

Yes there must be an easier way of doing it. Have you got anyone else on the site that can reset the password for you..

There is a very easy way to do it, but I'm gonna wait on a Mod's approval before dispensing that information as I believe this question has been raised before and it was considered hacking in a bad way. So if any Mod wants to give the yay or nay on this one...

Very understandable. Of course you don't know what a person will do with said information, and I am sure the site appreciates your intent.

a google search would help you.

are you able to log onto the box at all?

if you can log onto the box then consider a tool like Cain and Able.

if you can't there are various Linux live CDs that you can use to boot from a CD, read the SAM database and recover passwords.

Now, that's about as good as the information that comes from here can be, (I'm not saying I'm the authority on cracking passwords), I'm saying that you could have gotten that info from a google search, and that might help you form some better searches.

it's just that this isn't some kind of hacker forum, high level information is ok, but we don't want people giving detailed accounts of how to recover or steal passwords.

I'm not going to lock the thread.
but if anyone gets any more detailed, then their posts on the subject are likely to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom