Post upgrade discussion thread

Glad to see the upgrade went well. The design is rather basic, but I like the clean look. Some more themes/variety wouldn't hurt though, even if the standard classic CF look is kept default. I think a logo contest is a good idea, nothing to lose by having members contribute their ideas for a prospective new logo.

The xml sheets I was talking about are no longer posted at the mothership. I have copies of them, however and are willing to share them if I get permission from IB/VB. I posted asking about that and waiting for some feedback.
If they say it's ok I can email them to David.

The xml sheets I was talking about are no longer posted at the mothership. I have copies of them, however and are willing to share them if I get permission from IB/VB. I posted asking about that and waiting for some feedback.
If they say it's ok I can email them to David.

Is there a way in VB to allow the user to change the theme? I remember there being an option on phpBB. He could keep this as default but install a few others in case anyone wants a change.

Is there a way in VB to allow the user to change the theme? I remember there being an option on phpBB. He could keep this as default but install a few others in case anyone wants a change.

Yes

I still think a new professional, state of the art looking logo would look great and there are a lot of talented members here who I'm sure would be willing to submit their creations.

Could we at least give it a thought and let some people design some stuff? You can always stick to the old logo if you don't like any others David.

I didn't say I would never change the logo, I just didn't want to do it all at the same time. Some members agree with me that if everything suddenly changed, it wouldn't feel like CF any more. That way it a few months or so we could look at changing the logo and adding another style or so.

I didn't say I would never change the logo, I just didn't want to do it all at the same time. Some members agree with me that if everything suddenly changed, it wouldn't feel like CF any more. That way it a few months or so we could look at changing the logo and adding another style or so.

LMAO. Do you realize how long it took to get THESE changes? You don't actually think that we're going to want changes on a monthly or even 6-month basis do you? Wow....

I'm getting a somewhat weird bug. If I log in from the homepage (using the username/pass boxes at the top), it says I'm logged in but the boxes are still there when it redirects me. I just clicked this post and now it shows that I'm logged in. I'm using the latest build of Chromium It works fine in other browsers.

I have the same problem, only it's with all devices, web browsers, operating systems and vB based forums: I have to clear the cookies for the site first before I can log in. It's so annoying.

Also, right after the upgrade, I noticed some neat smilies that are gone now, can all those be brought back please?
And I'd be willing to participate in a CF logo contest.

Right click. Properties.
300px wide x 110px high.

If you make a logo image please save it as a png file. PNG makes cleaner, sharper images.

Back
Top Bottom