Post upgrade discussion thread

Thanks for all your efforts, David. The forum looks great. One bit of suggestion as I was quickly skimming this thread is to not alter the logo. The logo represents the foundations of CF, everything that is CF is represented in those few pixels. Some things require change as time passes, others don't. I'd say the logo is something that doesn't need to be changed.

Thanks for all your efforts, David. The forum looks great. One bit of suggestion as I was quickly skimming this thread is to not alter the logo. The logo represents the foundations of CF, everything that is CF is represented in those few pixels. Some things require change as time passes, others don't. I'd say the logo is something that doesn't need to be changed.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying, I tried to keep the color scheme the same with the upgrade, if things change too much the site can loose its whole identity

I still think a new professional, state of the art looking logo would look great and there are a lot of talented members here who I'm sure would be willing to submit their creations.

Could we at least give it a thought and let some people design some stuff? You can always stick to the old logo if you don't like any others David.

I still think a new professional, state of the art looking logo would look great and there are a lot of talented members here who I'm sure would be willing to submit their creations.

Could we at least give it a thought and let some people design some stuff? You can always stick to the old logo if you don't like any others David.

Yes I agree that we need a professional logo done then it would look much better....

I feel the same way. I mean, I'm not completely against the current logo, but for gosh sakes, it looks like it was made in MS Paint. I mean, it's not even sharp and crisp...it's blurry.

Yes I agree that we need a professional logo done then it would look much better....

I feel the same way. I mean, I'm not completely against the current logo, but for gosh sakes, it looks like it was made in MS Paint. I mean, it's not even sharp and crisp...it's blurry.

I think we should have thread to get some submissions in and then have a vote, if this is something David will let us explore.

I'll probably get kicked out of here for this but after what happened to me today getting the boot from here would be minor BS. I've had a bad day like you wouldn't believe.

David,
I know you're a nostalgia buff as far as this forum goes but don't you think at some point you just got to let all that go?
You have the latest state of the art forum software but still cling to that same old sudo out of the box appearance. And that logo! OMG!!! It's the same one as I recall from when I signed up 5 years ago. Well ok you made a minor change to it but if you give a quick glance it looks the same.
Damn dude you really need to make some radical changes to this place to stay competitive. The only time I use the default theme at my place is for trouble shooting and laying out new themes. Otherwise its bright white and high contrast is just too rough on the eyes. Same thing here. It's-just-so-p-l-a-i-n... There are themes that are just xml sheets that take all of 2 minutes to install. No extra graphics or any other folders to hassle with. They use the built in graphics, translucent overlays, and a lot of css magic. They look great in IE and will blow you away in firefox. Don't believe me? Check out the black and gray theme at animeappeal. That's one I nabbed from the mothership. Bottom line is you need to have more than one theme. The members can set what theme they want as their default in the user control panel under general settings. So you give them a choice. Keeps them happy.

I have to stand with the kids about letting them showcase some logos for here. They do some pretty nice work from what I've seen. Guys if you get the chance to do this don't go too crazy. It's got to look good.

Back
Top Bottom