SSD Hardrive Issues

wanakanabe

Beta member
Hey everyone,new guy here looking for some assistance please.
I am upgrading to a Phoenix Sata II 2.5 SSD.My issue is i can't boot to it.When i hook up my old HD and load windows,it shows in Device Manager plus i see it in my Bios.
If i remove the old drive and load windows disk,it never finds a drive and just faults out.I read some that i needed to turn on AHCI and i did this but when i do,i get a loading device screen when i start windows,it resets and then tells me i need to run repair utility.I also tried turning off S.M.A.R.T.
My stuff includes... If anyone could help please?

-GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R
-XFX GX260NADDU GeForce GTX 260
-G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
-Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10000 RPM SATA
-CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W
-G.SKILL Phoenix Series FM-25S2S-120GBP1 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Current HD Win7 64 bit Upgrade Ver

Thanks!

Thanks for the assist,yea forgot to mention i had already updated the bios and the number 6 thing didn't work either.I put it in an older computer with an Asus A8n sli premium MB and it took right off.
So i had a new EP45-Ud3r in the closet,threw that in and it started working.Odd for sure but something just wasn't right with that MB.

It almost sounds like your SSD is dead, but how can it be dead when there's nothing to them? It's just flash memory.

But anyway, try the suggestions posted above and let us know how it works out.

Being solid state memory does not mean it can't stop working. Think about flash drives. It takes a lot, but they die due to ESD and things of the nature. Could just be a DOA, too.

Back
Top Bottom