[Project] HAF 922 Mods

Good deal. Can't wait to see the finished product, if it's ever finished. I was doing stuff to my computer for the longest time haha.

Just out of curiosity, if you are planning on changing all the fans to blue why didn't you get the blue version of the HAF? I am getting jealous though because I was planning on building a new rig with an HAF 932 and doing Water cooling but in a red white and black scheme. I have since changed my plans because I just bought a new LCD TV and bluray player so my money went there instead. I just don't use my computer for gaming anymore like I used to now it is more for programming and school so I didn't think it was really necessary. :(.

Also do you have a heat gun and molex connector removal tools, BOTH male and female? If not I suggest getting them since they make the job MUCH easier when sleeving your cables. They are not completely necessary but they make it a whole lot easier. I don't know if you have ever sleeved before but it also makes it much cleaner if you use colored zip ties that match your heatshrink to hold the sleeving in place. What I did with mine was get a bunch of green zipties and ziptied all the sleeving where it was after pulling it tight over the wires and then used the heatshrink over the zipties. It not only gives the heatshrink something to grab on to but it also keeps the sleeving where it is supposed to be when moving cables alot. It would be bad if you get done sleeving everything and then while doing cable management accidently pulled the sleeving out of the heatshrink. :D As kind of a extra lil thing you could also get colored connectors instead of the black stock ones on your wires, if you are taking them off to sleeve the wires anyways its an added lil thing to make them stand out a little more especially if you use white with your Gigabyte board. :D

Wow, looks much improved!

Next thing I would do is rotate your exhaust fan around so the cable is closest to the hole that the 8-pin is running through. Run the fan cable to the back and power it with a 3-pin to 4-pin molex adapter so you don't have to see most of the wire.

On my cases I usually cut the mesh out with a Dremel. Usually when you have anything close to the blades of a fan it tends to create noise, especially when fan speed goes up. You could cut just the part that covers the fan, or you could get rid of all of it and get some rubber edge molding to cover the cuts.

I've done something similar, but with the fans on top of my case. Cut a hole and put a AC Ryan Radgrillz over it. My situation is different, so it may or may not work for you.

IMG_7127-1.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom