Router Set Up

Thelife.ent

Beta member
ok i will be getting a laptop for my first time in a couple of weeks and i want to get a wireless router but on my set up for the modem i have now its hooked up wrong and the person that hooked it up for me is deceased now so i have no idea how to fix it and dont want to call the company cause they tell me some bogus stuff so when i turn on my modem i cant use my telephone with out turning off the modem so what do i do when i get the router how can i go about using the router with out turning off the router and resenting the router again is there a easier way to go about that with out me having to turn on and turn of the router... Someone Please Help!!!!

this is my kind of job iuusly drive to peoples houses and set it up... i get paid very wlel... if u live in nyc let me kno

Often times you can get guides for home set up for your modem that you can download and follow to check if your modem is hooked up properly. So you could that to verify that everything is properly set up before you install your router. And the router you purchase should come with instructions to set it up and the exact steps you have to take to add it to your modem.

Also I'm guess your home phone is your only phone line? I don't know about other companies but D-Link routers has fairly decent tech support and could walk you through and trouble shooting you might have. But if your only phone is your land line and you lack a cellphone to use it could be tricky to talk to tech support.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom