My website

lhamil64

In Runtime
I'm pretty sure I've posted here before with my website, but it has probably changed since then.

My website is http://lhamil64.co.cc
If for some reason that doesn't work for you (it should, it's setup using nameservers, not a redirect) then try http://lhamil64.x10hosting.com

It's mainly a blog, but I have other services as well (such as a Q&A site and a chatroom)
I really need more visitors though. I think using completely free hosting/domain probably doesn't help, but I can't really pay for hosting/a domain name right now.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I lie, the http://lhamil64.x10hosting.com/ worked - but only after around 5 minutes loading! You might want to look at that (I'm in the UK if that helps at all.)

As for suggestions, it seems like a pretty standard blog to me - and generally speaking pretty standard blogs don't get a huge amount of views. Why is it that you want more? Publicise it where you can if you so wish, but unless you come up with something really special it's unlikely to ever be massively popular. Sounds harsh but that's just the way of life!

I used to have my own site but took it down - initially I had it up there for employers to look at when I was applying for jobs, but now that period of time is over it doesn't serve a lot of purpose. The only thing that really saw a lot of hits was the WEP / WPA cheatsheets I used to have on there (google for "wep cheatsheet" and it was first up there which is probably why!) They were useful things if you wanted the steps to break into a network (your own of course) without reading a full blown article or listening to 10 minutes of youtube drivel which is why I guess people liked them.

All in all - blog because you want to not because you want the world to read it, because the latter is very unlikely to ever happen.

I lie, the http://lhamil64.x10hosting.com/ worked - but only after around 5 minutes loading! You might want to look at that (I'm in the UK if that helps at all.)

As for suggestions, it seems like a pretty standard blog to me - and generally speaking pretty standard blogs don't get a huge amount of views. Why is it that you want more? Publicise it where you can if you so wish, but unless you come up with something really special it's unlikely to ever be massively popular. Sounds harsh but that's just the way of life!

I used to have my own site but took it down - initially I had it up there for employers to look at when I was applying for jobs, but now that period of time is over it doesn't serve a lot of purpose. The only thing that really saw a lot of hits was the WEP / WPA cheatsheets I used to have on there (google for "wep cheatsheet" and it was first up there which is probably why!) They were useful things if you wanted the steps to break into a network (your own of course) without reading a full blown article or listening to 10 minutes of youtube drivel which is why I guess people liked them.

All in all - blog because you want to not because you want the world to read it, because the latter is very unlikely to ever happen.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why it took 5 minutes of loading for you. I'll look into it. I can post on my hosts forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the issues.

They both seem to be loading now in seconds - looks like it may have been a temporary glitch.

Weird. Although, I'm not too surprised. My host has been having some weird issues for a while. There was a point where they were doing a bunch of server upgrades so pretty much everyone's website was down for a while. That's what I get for using a free host though.

That's what I get for using a free host though.
This is exactly it - beggars can't be choosers! Apart from the really popular ones like freewebs that limit you to high heaven (no PHP support for instance) I haven't encountered a single free, reliable host and I really don't think they exist! I played around with some years back so the situation may have changed since then, but I doubt it.

both working for me :)

i have had that sort of problem before. who are you with for hosting?
mine used to take a while to load or not work at all but then work. now it works for the majority of people. what software are you using to upload you web pages to your host?

Back
Top Bottom