AMD or Intel

Haha, actually the speedometer usually does give you an idea of the capabilities of a car in general. Nothing specific, but if the car is capable of faster speeds the speedometer will go higher than regular cars.

:rolleyes:

All I'm trying to say is it's an incredibly general way to judge a processors capabilities :p

How do you judge a processor's capabilities?

Benchmarks I guess. There's so many of them and they specifically stress the system in different ways.

But I reckon they give you an overall picture of how a CPU will perform under certain conditions.

AMD remind me of Diesel cars, Hot slow clunky and noisy (I.E Bloody Laptop fan whizzing!) Intel are more refined, they dont need these high clock speeds because of their better design and general build quality. AMD will never be up to standard. You probably got the idea, I prefer Intels :)

For those of us on a budget then AMD is the way to go, I can get a faster AMD then most lower end intels for less the price.

Speaking outside of the efficiency of them, and the designs and such, I prefer Intel to AMD. I always have.
So far I have only had 1 computer failure from Intel, and I am not sure that had anything to do with the processor. AMD though 4 for 6 on the processor side. 4 laptops powered by AMD that had a processor failure (replaced the processor and put in AS5 and was good to go again). they were all from different companies (Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, and Gateway), so it wasn't a design problem. It was more like the heat killed them, but that is the price for affordability.

AMD any day... it is also way cheaper than intel and i7 is alot more expensive that any thing AMD has!

I'm on my first AMD, after using Intel for all my computing life. So, unless you all have Superman vision, my naked eye can't tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom