Computer lights are flashing

thejando1

Solid State Member
This was my first time ever putting together a computer, so I'm sure that I'm missing a wire or two somewhere, but maybe it's something more serious. Well it seems that none of my USB ports are working. I tried to plug in my keyboard and mouse and neither turned on, thus leaving my moniter on standby mode.

Besides the USB ports not working, there are two lights on my motherboard (an Asus M4A89TD Pro) that keep flashing. The first one is the CPU LED light, this one makes a faint beeping noise when it flashes. The other light is the DRAM LED light. Unlike the other one this one does not make a beep.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong with my computer?

When you hit the power button on your computer, do any fans turn on? (Most importantly, the CPU fan.)
Can you hear your hard drive spinning up?

:D Installing a USB device
Install the software and drivers.
THEN Plug in the device (It's Hot Wired.
But get at least a 400 PWS and how to connect it.

Brutus if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing. Has any one run this turkey's IP through stopforumspam yet? I'd bet real money it's a bot.

@OP.
Like cboucher said double check your wiring. The easiest mistake to make is connecting the front controls. Just take it one step at a time. It's always something simple.

I've rechecked the wiring. Nothing was out of place. I still have the same problem CPU LED light keeps flashing and beeping and the DRAM LED keeps on flashing as well. I'm starting to get really frustrated and worried that I wasted a grand on a computer that won't work.

A few questions.
What M/B are you using?, what RAM DDR??? what capacity?? and how many sticks?

I had a similar problem and it was due to RAM, I took out all the RAM except 1 stick and re inserted it and booted, if that didn't work I'd change the slot first and retry, then swap the RAM for the second stick and I finally got it up and running - it was a dud RAM stick.

Back
Top Bottom