Strange drawing in Vinyl ??

VenetianDoctor

Solid State Member
Basically i buy the odd record if i have a bit of spare wonga around, and i recently bought this album (see pic) and when was on my way home a drawing fell out, just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. It amazes me for some reason. James

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\DSC02047.JPG

You have to upload your image to somewhere like PhotoBucket and then copy the image tag... the Internet doesn't know to look on your PC.

Cool you got em uploaded, now when you click the link, on the left hand side there's a "Share this image" box. The fourth option is IMG code, copy that next time and throw it in your thread to show the image straight from the post. No need to post again as we can click the link.

Back on topic, that is a strange drawing, you should try to cypher the signature and see if it's anyone famous!

I did a quick Google search, and found out that Los Endos is a song by Genesis. Not sure what the "SB" stand for though.

I don't think there's a signature on picture either. The one next to the date seems like the word "Genesis", and the 78 is a date of some kind. I don't know what happened in 1978, but this is what Wiki says

Following the departure of Hackett, Rutherford took on guitar duties in the studio and the band was getting closer to a balance of what each member provided from a creative standpoint. The group decided to continue as a trio, a fact they acknowledged in the title of the 1978 album ...And Then There Were Three.... The album was a further move away from lengthy progressive epics, and yielded their first American radio hit, "Follow You Follow Me", whose popularity led to ...And Then There Were Three... being the band's first U.S. Platinum-certified album.

For live performances that year, Rutherford alternated again between guitar and bass with Daryl Stuermer, formerly guitarist with Jean-Luc Ponty's band. Generally, Rutherford played the guitar pieces he composed during the most recent album, but stuck with bass playing for all of the material recorded prior to 1978. Stuermer effectively played everything that Hackett would have performed had he remained with the band. Their 1978 world tour took them across North America, over to Europe, back to North America, and, eventually, to their first performances in Japan at the end of 1978.

As the band had been recording and touring constantly since the winter of 1977–78, it was decided by Banks, Collins, and Rutherford to take the majority of 1979 off. Collins had previously informed his bandmates that he needed to attempt to save his marriage by following his wife to her new home in Vancouver. If they planned to go back into the studio, they were going to have to count him out. Banks and Rutherford responded by proposing that the band go into hiatus for the majority of 1979 while he sorted out his family issues and they would record solo material in the meantime.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_(band)

The person who drew the picture seems to be trying to draw this
genesis_trickouttakes082.jpg

Link if the site doesn't allow hotlink.

Wow thanks for help guys much appreciated, Me being me i thought it was written by phil collins or something, anyway thanks again. Jim

Genesis was amazing, and one of the best bands of their time

Back
Top Bottom