Windows 7/IE8 problem

ozboz

Solid State Member
I have a new computer with Win7 (home 64) and IE8 as the browser.

The spell checker has stopped offering suggestions for misspelled words. (With Win 7, it used to offer suggestions in any typed field, when browsing). Shortly after this occurred, the "All programs" has disappeared from my start menu. I use R-Wipe and CCleaner to clear the computer. Could this have caused the problem?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Ian
PS I like Win 7 - it seems a very polished and well thought out operating system.

Welcome to CF Ian.

I've never used R-Wipe but this would definitaly not be an effect of using CCleaner. I would suggest doing a system restore to a date before this all started happening as that will restore whatever changes were made by R-wipe. Let us know if that works.

I'd miuch prefer not to do a restore, since this will uninstall all the programs that I've just put on. (yes, I do realize that the fles and data will still be there but the programs will definitely leave the registry). I suspect I've done something to corrupt the registry - or there's some files I have mucked up. Is there no way of "reconstituting" Win 7 back to default settings and files - without removing programs etc? I'm probably asking too much but perhaps it's possible.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom