Dual booting vista and xp? Questions about drivers........

mm220051

Beta member
I have a hp dv4 1427nr comes loaded with windows vista. Well the problem is I have hundreds of games that I ran on my xp system. Most of these games even trying compatability mode will not work on vista. So I have watched tutorials and read on how to perform a dual boot. Vista system to include xp. The question I have is when I install xp I will need to get drivers for this laptop again (sound, nic, video) not for vista but for the xp version running correct or no? And if so It is a complete pain in my butt because when you go onto hp's site to download drivers there is nothing really there for my laptop under xp. The laptop was made for vista. So I am asking the only other thing to do is go under device manager try and get the precise product model for sound, video, ethernet, broadcom and graphics model and then go directly to each website and get that driver not for vista but for xp is this correct? I really dont need internet drivers or anything like that do I? I could care less about going on the internet I just want to use basic xp so my games will install and work.

You could try downloading the Vista drivers and installing under XP as they should be backwards compatible. If that doesn't work, it's the manufacturers website route.

Back
Top Bottom