Got out of my Verizon contract! (Finally)

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I switched to Verizon under my good friend's family plan. I payed $40 a month for their Droid with data package. I got the phone in February and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. In late February the phone started acting up and I went to Verizon to get it replaced. They told me they didn't have any replacements at the store and would have to ship me one in a couple of days. I agreed and went home. They literally called every two weeks with the generic, "we don't have any replacements now but we are working on it." routine. In May they finally told me they found a replacement for me and they were shipping it to my college address. A week later I called and asked them where my phone was. We found out someone in Michigan stole the phone and sold it on Craigslist to somebody. Verizon said that was their last replacement and they couldn't get me a new one anytime soon. I hung up the phone and continued to live with the one I have now working my way around it's problems. I finally went back to Verizon today and asked them to resolve my problem. They said they still didn't have any replacements but I could pick up any phone I wanted for up to $200 after signing a new contract.....:confused:

I ended up telling them to cancel my contract so I don't cause them any trouble for making me use a defective phone for so long and for breaking their contract. I got out of a $290 fee. Going back to AT&T tomorrow and getting another iPhone with my student discount. Not a very good experience for me. I won't plan on going back unless they offer me free service for a couple of years, haha.

I guess every company has problems, you just have the find the right people to deal with. I had very similar problems with AT&T, and just all around HATED my service. I just switched to Verizon and got a Droid X, best decision I made in a while.

Plus, since I am no longer on my parents' plan, I am building my credit score :D

We pretty much went through opposite situations, haha. I don't see the rave for Verizon. I get the same exact service I do with AT&T as Verizon and more in some places. I find the 3G with AT&T is quicker and more reliable. Verizon is just too expensive. I'm going to get this phone replaced through Best Buy where I bought it and just sell it to cover the costs of books/new iPhone.

Well, we must be in completely different areas. I find that the 3G with Verizon is much more reliable, and I have full 3G in more places now. Not only that, (this may have just been my blackberyy) but I found that call quality was crappy, and I dropped calls quite a bit more than I would like.

Honestly though, like I said, I guess every company has their problems, and I just happened to experience AT&T's (and RIM's), and you experienced Verizon's! :p

But for the most part, around here, people complain a lot more about AT&T than verizon. Even my internet (AT&T) is terrible, I will lose connection for days sometimes, and they come to check it out, and everything is fine...-.-. The same with my neighbors!! Not only that, but my landline (again, AT&T) is TERRIBLE quality. We also have Dish Network (once associated with AT&T), and our reception is horrible almost all the time. So to XFinity we go!!!

People in general love to bitch about AT&T's "horrendous network". In reality, it's just the same as Verizon's. It all depends on the location, in which you should pick out the carrier with the best coverage within your area.

But really, AT&T is pretty decent when all things are considered. Seems like people love to bitch just for the sake of bitching.

So to XFinity we go!!!

Have fun with Comcast.

Going back to AT&T tomorrow and getting another iPhone with my student discount.

I'm sure you'll love it. It's been a great phone for me so far.

That is exactly what I was saying 01001010, is that every company has their problems. And I don't typically "bitch" about a company unless I have reason to, and I have had nothing but problems lately with everything I have AT&T.

However, Verizon seems to be the way to go where I live. The same deal with Comcast, as I only have a choice between AT&T and Comcast. My lives a few miles from me, and has comcast and almost NEVER has problems. Plus cable will definitely be better than the shitty AT&T DSL I have now.

I have Comcast cable and my family loves it. We got a 3MB line down and 1 up. We always get speeds of 10MB+ without paying for it. My family has been with AT&T for years. They have always helped us out so much and my old iPhone was more like a tank than a phone. My parents have had their 2G iPhones since they released with no issues. I just feel like Verizon didn't do all they could have with me. How could they not have a single Droid laying around? It was pretty messed up to tell me I could get a new phone with a new contract, too. I'm going to be living in Baltimore soon. It's a huge city and one of the biggest in the nation. You would think that Verizon and AT&T would put quite a bit of their resources there. Verizon's service always gets destroyed there by AT&T. It's so spotty and the 3G absolutely blows in Baltimore.

People in general love to bitch about AT&T's "horrendous network". In reality, it's just the same as Verizon's. It all depends on the location, in which you should pick out the carrier with the best coverage within your area.

But really, AT&T is pretty decent when all things are considered. Seems like people love to bitch just for the sake of bitching.

I'm sure you'll love it. It's been a great phone for me so far.

Thank you! It's all of that stupid/false advertising by Verizon and AT&T. People always believe whatever they see on t.v. I'm pretty excited to go back to the iPhone. It's been nothing but a pleasure to use with me.

Back
Top Bottom