[Project] HAF 922 Mods

In post #4 second picture, you're looking at a problem. The rack the drives mount in have the drives close together. They have just a small gap between them so just a little bit of air gets between them. To resolve the flow problem the maker of the case parks the rack in front of the intake fan.
By you removing the rack from the flow you are looking at 3 drives getting hot in a hurry. My suggestion is to take the drives out of the rack and using 3.5 to 5.25 adaptors, mount them directly in to the 5.25 bays. That will seperate them enough that air sucked in through the front mesh will be enough to keep them cool.

I'm sure that you're looking at a lot more airflow now with nothing behind that big fan.

I wouldn't worry about painting the inside yet, but I'd try to get a theme going with the existing cables first. I'd lose the green sleeving for some black, the green stands out way too much. I'd also get rid of the green SATA cables for some black ones too. You might find my taste to be a little bland though, I just like things clean and simple.

Yeah I gotta agree with cabbs here. You have WAY too much going on in that case. PSU has blue LED's, Fans are Red LED's, some cable sleeving is Green, some is black and blue, HUGE blue IDE Ribbon and the sata cables are yellow. I would definitely figure out what color you are going to use and run with that. I would work on getting the color scheme figured out first then paint the inside of the case accordingly. Since you chose to use the HAF which comes with RED fans stock I would suggest black interior, Crosshair IV motherboard, and some white cable sleeving with the RED leds. Would look VERY NICE. Just my opinion though. :)

Back
Top Bottom