2 routers 1 internet connection

iffy

In Runtime
I want access the internet via two routers on 1 internet connection. How will this be possible?

I have Orange broadband which goes through my phone line. I require a login and password through my router.

We are going to need way more information. I'm not sure what you are even asking. You want to have two routers hooked up? Why? Are you trying to make one a wireless acces point? Please be more specific.

Sorry will try and be more specific.
I want to set-up two routers. one downstairs connected to four systems and one upstairs connected to my xbox. The downstairs router is connected to the internet but I need to somehow get access to internet from upstairs router.

Use the second router as a 4 port switch. Go in and disable the DHCP on the second one. Then take one system off the main and put it along with your xbox to the second one. Use a short patch cable to connect where that one was to a port on the second one.
Reboot every thing starting with the main followed by the second and finally all the rigs on both.

Use the second router as a 4 port switch. Go in and disable the DHCP on the second one. Then take one system off the main and put it along with your xbox to the second one. Use a short patch cable to connect where that one was to a port on the second one.
Reboot every thing starting with the main followed by the second and finally all the rigs on both.

This. Go into the setup on the second router (upstairs) and turn off the DHCP service. To do this on every router is differnet so I can't give you exact steps. Then connect from one of the numbered ports on the first router to the numbered port on the 2nd router. This will connect the two routers and give internet connection to them both.

If your router supports it, it might be able to act as a wireless bridge. Again this will depend on the router. What this will do is allow the upstairs router to pickup a wireless signal from the downstairs router thus providing internet connection to the XBox.

Back
Top Bottom