Looks to do some upgrades for my car

Legodude522

Daemon Poster
Looking to do some upgrades for my car

I have a Mazda 3 5 door. 2.5L. Everything is stock, only 3 months old. I'm wondering what kind of performance parts I can get for it. Any ideas? I'm not an expert on cars but I can pretty much do anything myself.

basic bolt ons are going to give you the best power for money.

Cold air intake, Header, cat-back exhaust.

This forum will probably have better answers specifically for your car. http://www.mazda3club.com/ Every car is different and they offer different things for different cars. Obviously the air intake is usually the first basic bolt on that can help some. Usually aftermarket intakes are not "cold air" as they do not go to the fender and pull cold air. For my car a guy on my forum makes a smaller crank pulley to add some performance.

I have never been a big fan of parts that increase HP so much as handling parts. Suspension, RSB, STB, wider wheels, etc. Only performance mod in my car is a modified stock intake. :p

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1458

Easy, cheap, and great power...

Otherwise, underdrive pulleys, electric fan(if it doesn't have one stock), Cold air intake, headers... All those mods might net you 10-20hp. Lots of people and manufacturers will claim 20hp per mod, but it's all bullshit. I heard a kid the other day saying he wanted to put a CAI and tuner chip on his Mercury Couger V6. He said he would gain 70hp. HA.

Oh, and one thing that is easy power. Stickers. NOS stickers are worth like 20hp a piece.

Intake and exhaust are where you'll see the most HP gains, if you want an extra shot for a short period of time go with the nitrous as well.

Probably not legal to use while driving on the street, but you can have it. Offroad use only. And you can't inhale it either, lol, it has a very small amount of sulfur in it.

Probably not legal to use while driving on the street, but you can have it. Offroad use only. And you can't inhale it either, lol, it has a very small amount of sulfur in it.

They run it at drag strips all the time. It's legal to have in your car, but I mean if you have nitrous you won't be needing it while driving. One of those, legal to have illegal to use on the street kind of deals.

Yea Nitrous Oxide is perfectly legal on road cars in the UK. :D

Great on auto shifters; you can set it to squirt gradually after a full bore opening. The 'box shifts down a gear, or two, and your off.

Top Gear fitted NOS to a beat up old Jaguar. It was rubbish. But then they put it on the quarter mile strip on their track with a few super cars....

.. and it beat the lot. It was actually funny seeing this beat up V12 jag out accelerate all these expensive cars.

Great fun if you can afford it and the NOS bottles.

Nitrous Oxide FAQ's.

It's expensive after awhile, and tracks sometimes don't allow it for circuit racing and AutoX. For drag racing it's great. I think they say jetted at 100hp, you can get about 10-12 seconds per lb of Nitrous.

One of the things people are worried about with nitrous, is explosions. It doesn't explode. It's not fuel. In combustion, the nitrogen and oxygen split, which puts a lot more oxygen in the combustion chamber. But it doesn't put more fuel in. A dry kit relies on the injectors to put more fuel in, while a wet kit has it's own fuel supply.

Back
Top Bottom