Transfer from DVR to Computer

Mbutler

Solid State Member
I am using an HD DVR from Cox Communications and need to clear space. Is there a way to connect the dvr to my computer and transfer the files? I have read a lot about the type of video card you need. I have a XFX Radeon HD 4870 XXX Edition Video Card with 1 gb and an hdmi out. How do i need to connect these two to transfer the files?

Hi,

Here is the major problem that you are going to have, everything is encrypted that comes from a major network i.e. nbc, cbs, abc, etc. As this is all encrypted it is pretty much useless unless you know something about unencrypting that I don't, and if you do please share it. I have tried this with my dvr and it just didn't work.

There is an alternative to this. You can buy an external hdd, connect it to the port on your DVR and that will greatly increase the amount of space that you will have to save shows and movies on.

Cheers!

I myself know pretty much nothing about encryption but You could probably do something like buy a dazzle DVC and capture the footage. The big downside to this it has to be captured as it plays so it might not be worth it if you have a lot of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom