Hdd Help!

jeffhurdphotogr

Solid State Member
Soi was foolnig around with my computer and i messed it up. i have two hard drvies, one with the OS on it and the other for files. i was in the boot menu adjusting some stuff and i accidentally switch the HDD with the OS on it to the secondary HD. now when i got to turn on my computer it shows a colors screen like blue or red or Grey, with a flashing underscore in the middle. how do i fix this? i cant get to the boot menu again, it goes directly to the colored screen. here is a photo of what happens as soon as i turn on my PC.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreyhurd/4908788048/

Does it show that after it tries to boot from the hard drive or before? Try unplugging the hard drive containing your files and then see if you can switch it back.

Does it show that after it tries to boot from the hard drive or before? Try unplugging the hard drive containing your files and then see if you can switch it back.

It goes straight to the colored screen, it wont even try to boot. i tried unplugging the hard drive with the files but it didnt work, it still went straight to the color screen

You say you've checked the video card and monitor, what do you mean by checked? Have you tried swapping them out with others?

3 threads for the same thing are just unneccissary. Deleted the other two.

From the picture I"m thinking four things: Bad video card, Bad/needs-to-be-resat RAM, bad motherboard and a bad monitor.

Back
Top Bottom