Computer won't turn on (follow up of Computer turns on automatically?)

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay, so on my other thread, my brothers computer wouldn't shut down.

Anyways, I tried various things, and never found out why. So I decided to go back to the cause of it. I plugged in the Mic and Headphone jack (what caused this problem), and it shuts the computer down. Curious, I decided to pull the power out, and put it back in a while later back, and back to the same problem. Then I put the headphone and mic back in, and now the computer won't turn on.

I tried leaving the power unplugged, and plugged it back in. I still can't power it on. However, the ethernet light is always on when it has power. The light goes out when I plug in the mic and headphone.

The motherboard has an "HD_AUDIO", and I plugged the "HD_AUDIO" connector on it. Can the "HD_AUDIO" somehow killed something, and be the reason why it won't turn on?

Any suggestion on what to do?

Ive heard of some people unplugging a flash drive, and short circuiting the motherboard. But never have I heard this. If your lights still come on, there is hope. All I would do is pull the CPU out for like 5 minutes, then put it back in. Make sure you unplug the computer first though.

The headphone/speaker could be shorting. This (short circuiting) can sometimes throw off an entire rig.

Have you tried a hard BIOS reset - pulling the CMOS battery for ~10 mins?

Unplug the power cord.
Hold the power button for 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back in.

Give it a go.

Ive heard of some people unplugging a flash drive, and short circuiting the motherboard. But never have I heard this. If your lights still come on, there is hope. All I would do is pull the CPU out for like 5 minutes, then put it back in. Make sure you unplug the computer first though.

I will try this Later.

The headphone/speaker could be shorting. This (short circuiting) can sometimes throw off an entire rig.

Have you tried a hard BIOS reset - pulling the CMOS battery for ~10 mins?

Tried it multiple times, didn't work.

What make and model is the motherboard?

I think it's the ECS MCP61PM-HM
Came from this computer.

Unplug the power cord.
Hold the power button for 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back in.

Give it a go.

Tried it, didn't work.

Have you tried literally pulling everything (aside from the CPU / power!) from the motherboard and then checking whether it powers on?

The power supply is the other possible culprit here - can you swap it out with another to check it?

I took the motherboard out, and put it into another case and PSU. The things connected to the motherboard was the CPU and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom