Random Chit Chat

Well I don't think it's AWFUL. It's above average, but I don't think that it would be lethal...

Rat's can ingest food with 400 PPM Uranium and be OK - Take a look at: http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=25&page=530

I'd imagine that it would depend on what isotope of Uranium it was, as well.
I don't know what isotope it is. It's from NIST SRM 2781 soil standard and it's not even listed on the certificate. I got about 60 grams of it on my desk at work. Once I get my hands on a sensitive enough Geiger counter I'll check it out. I've found out there was Uranium after testing the soil samples on an XRF gun and I'm getting consistent readings on multiple guns.

Does anyone here know where the option is to enable non market applications in android 1.6? It`s not in settings>application settings like on my iphone.

Other than that, loving the streak. My only real complaints so far are the terrible keyboard that I can`t get to go away and the way that 90% of apps cannot use the whole screen.

What would be cheeper,
Buy a decent blu ray w hdmi out and surround sound,
Or build a blu ray playing htpc? I already got a copy of windows xp and a blu ray drive.

But in my pc (sig) some movies like avayar freak out an get choppy and pixalllated, idk y.

It would be cheaper to buy a set top blu ray player, but you will get superior video quality and a lot more features with a htpc

Just be sure to use a video card that supports CUDA.

I know that at least one carrier (It might have been AT&T...) has disallowed non-market applications on their android handsets.

I know that at least one carrier (It might have been AT&T...) has disallowed non-market applications on their android handsets.

Sounds like AT&T.

I just wanted to play frets on fire on it...

http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/08/yes-att-prevents-sideloading-on-the-dell-streak.html Gosh I hate AT&T. I'm in the process of installing the 654522455 programs required to root this thing, just so I can flash the O2 ROM. At least I might be able to get 2.1 going this way.

OK, I really need some help here. It's just issue after issue after issue. All I need to do is root the Streak. To do this, I have to sideload universal androot or install superboot. AT&T has sideloading disabled, so I tried Sideload Wonder Machine. It needs Dell's software, so I installed that. Dell's software freaked out at W7 64 and refuses to acknowledge the existence of my phone after setup. So I installed XP 32 then went through all the previous steps again, and now it says I need .NET 4. I install that, then try again, and SWM gives me an error that it cannot load one of the components. So I try my fallback plan of superboot. Except, my computer refuses to recognize the phone in fastboot mode.

So, no matter what, I cannot get the damn thing rooted. If anyone has ideas, please help.

Quick question that I feel doesn't warrant having its own thread, IS there any way to on a laptop have it switch to the basic theme from aero when running on the battery? I am in college now and I want to get the most out of the battery since it will have to last a few hours without a recharge.

Quick question that I feel doesn't warrant having its own thread, IS there any way to on a laptop have it switch to the basic theme from aero when running on the battery? I am in college now and I want to get the most out of the battery since it will have to last a few hours without a recharge.

Get TuneUp Utilities 2010, it has a turbo mode which you can one-click enable and it will disable the aero theme as well as a lot of the unwanted processes. It's for giving your computer more juice while gaming but it's good for battery life too.

Back
Top Bottom