Serious error

Slickster24

Beta member
my computer reboots every time i play eldar scrolls oblivion and gives the message "system recovered from serious error" upon reboot. i stopped it auto rebooting as is recommended when you get this error. a blue screen comes up instead, it tells me that i should check if my hardware is installed correctly and shows this line at the top of the page. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. what should i do?

If you've already reseated your RAM, checked your harddrive cable connections, and reseated your various PCI/AGP cards but the problem still persists then the next step is going to be the removal of your antivirus software.Than download "NOD32" or "SuperAntiSpyware" (free trial) to remove any spyware/virus on your computer, than reinstall whatever anti-virus software you had. I would recommend that you keep "NOD32" if you chose that.

(Windows Blue Screen of Death)
Most people will tell you this is a hardware error, and most people would be wrong. An extremely high percentage of the time this error is actually caused by either a virus or anti-virus software. But plz, do the first steps as in reseating anything and check all connections.

but its not the blue screen of death, its the blue screen that come up when u stop you pc from auto rebooting after you get the "system recovered from serious error" error. thats different isn't it?

plus i only have my pc a day so i doubt its a virus..

Lol, it takes less than a sec. to catch a virus, let-alone 24 hours. As soon as that computer connects to the world wide web it can be attacked.

I've never seen a case where a virus is the cause of the IRQL errors. It's either system cooling or a corrupted driver. Even when I supported XP at Gateway, it was always one or the other, but not a virus. I'm not saying to rule it out, but don't look exclusively at the virus being the case. Checking things like heatsinks for clogging due to dust, etc and it wouldn't hurt to reinstall the video drivers to be sure they didn't get corrupted somehow.

I've never seen a case where a virus is the cause of the IRQL errors. It's either system cooling or a corrupted driver. Even when I supported XP at Gateway, it was always one or the other, but not a virus. I'm not saying to rule it out, but don't look exclusively at the virus being the case. Checking things like heatsinks for clogging due to dust, etc and it wouldn't hurt to reinstall the video drivers to be sure they didn't get corrupted somehow.

Im thinking it has to do with the drivers to, but it never hurts to run a scan or two just to see. maybe a DLL is infected.

Back
Top Bottom