What video card for this MB?

Good point if the OP is building a rig specifically for multi-threaded work. Otherwise put the savings towards a better GPU.

The PURPOSE of the computer is to play games :) I have to admit I'm a mac addict for everything else (don't shoot) I do a LOT of video and music editing with my work and mac is the machine for that IMO.

That being said THEY ARE HORRIBLE on newer games :) I want to be able to run SC2!!! haha

Another important thing for me is that the computer is upgradable over the next few years.

The PURPOSE of the computer is to play games :) I have to admit I'm a mac addict for everything else (don't shoot) I do a LOT of video and music editing with my work and mac is the machine for that IMO.

That is very debatable. But I won't take it there. :D

Another important thing for me is that the computer is upgradable over the next few years.

I suggest the Phenom II X4 CPU with at least a GTX460/HD5870 and 4GB RAM.

Seconded. I have a Phenom II and a 5870 and it does fine with SC2 on max settings, even at 2048x1152 resolution.

For the record though, buying PCI-E 1.x is not a big deal if you don't care about the latest & greatest. PCI-E 2.x is just a revision, 2.x cards work fine in 1.x slots (the revision, not the x rating like x1, x2, x4, x8, etc) That being said you *can* run a PCI-E x1 card in an x8 or x16 slot, if you so choose.

Good point if the OP is building a rig specifically for multi-threaded work. Otherwise put the savings towards a better GPU.

Eh? No one has mentioned the i7.

Agree, I would suggest the GTX460 if he got the extra $.Its only $50 more than the 5770, but why more bang for the buck.

what power supply would you recommend? I don't need anything fancy as long as it gets the job done. Would like something that can run another xfire card in the future for upgrade (if I understand it correctly)

B

Corsair and Coolermaster are my personal favorites right now - I've heard Seasonics are good too (since they allegedly make the Corsair units) anything with 650 watts is a good starting point with room to grow. I wouldn't go over 850 watts until you have a high end SLI/CrossFire setup.

Here's a good PSU thats under $69.99 and with the mail-in rebate it's $49.99- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017

GL!

I would go with what "Remeniz" said.It's great ram.

will 600w (as the above) give me nuff juice?

B

now for the case. I want something that isn't UGLY, but it isn't something that ppl will really see either. Size really isnt an issue, so I assume larger means more room to work?

What do u think?

oh and one of the cases that u can just snap the bays into would be great!!

ALSO I need a HD !! i almost forgot

B

Back
Top Bottom