Moving out?

Just out of interest, What things would you have to consider if you were to move out? I've come up with:

-Rent (~$300 Week)
-Electricity (Unsure)
-Water (Unsure)
-Renters Insurance (Fire and Theft) (~$210 Year)
-Groceries and Other house hold items (~$70 Week)
-Mobile Phone (Wouldnt bother with a land line)
-Broadband

Anything im missing?

-Broadband
-Telephone
-TV
-TV License

Just a few other things there. I personally can do without the landline telephone but the other three are pretty much essential to me.

What the heck is a TV License? You have to have a license to watch TV in England?

What the heck is a TV License? You have to have a license to watch TV in England?

Unfortunately we have to pay a TV license here in the UK.

If you have a TV, computer or mobile device capable of displaying TV broadcasts then you have to pay it.

It sucks!

Umm, the list of bills that I have for the year

Rent,
Gas,
Electric,
Water,
Council tax -for utilities like refuse collection
TV,
Internet,
Phone,
house insurance,

those are the standard bills that you'll have to pay every month.

if you're just moving out.
you'll need to pay

deposit.
1st month rent in advance
estate agents fees. (Finders fee/contract fee's)
security check fee

and depending on the kind of tenancy you get, i.e if it's a set 6 month/1 year tenancy you may have to pay for contracts to be signed each time they run out.

if you get a rolling periodic tenancy then you should only have to pay once, as your contract rolls on from one month to the next.

if you're trying to put a budget together, then don't forget

food,
cleaning stuff (for the house)
cleaning stuff (for you)
cleaning stuff (for your clothes)
cleaning stuff (for your dishes)
clothes
maintenance costs. -even though you;re in someone else's house you'll have to return it to the way it was when you first rented. in the last house I was in we rented an industrial carpet cleaner once every six months to get the place looking clean again.
when we moved out we have a load of things to do (we had to replace door that we'd put a hole in!), we painted over all the walls to remove marks where we'd have our hands on the walls, cleaned all the carpets. etc

I don't know if you've already got this stuff, or are intending to get it.

but don't forget that in the first month you'll need to pay.
months rent in advance, deposit and estate agent/realtor's fee's. but you'll also need to pay set-up fee's for your internet, maybe need to buy a TV, buy a hoover, buy plates and other crockery, buy cutlery, buy a kettle. you might also need to buy furniture, a new bed set, possibly buy a fridge and washing machine.

that first month can be a crippling hit to your finances! so make sure that you've really saved up enough to move out!

Unfortunately we have to pay a TV license here in the UK.

If you have a TV, computer or mobile device capable of displaying TV broadcasts then you have to pay it.

It sucks!

What happends if you dont pay it? Can they backtrace you? :D

you'll also want some money to go out every once in a while.

Umm, the list of bills that I have for the year

Rent,
Gas,
Electric,
Water,
Council tax -for utilities like refuse collection
TV,
Internet,
Phone,
house insurance,

those are the standard bills that you'll have to pay every month.

if you're just moving out.
you'll need to pay

deposit.
1st month rent in advance
estate agents fees. (Finders fee/contract fee's)
security check fee

and depending on the kind of tenancy you get, i.e if it's a set 6 month/1 year tenancy you may have to pay for contracts to be signed each time they run out.

if you get a rolling periodic tenancy then you should only have to pay once, as your contract rolls on from one month to the next.

if you're trying to put a budget together, then don't forget

food,
cleaning stuff (for the house)
cleaning stuff (for you)
cleaning stuff (for your clothes)
cleaning stuff (for your dishes)
clothes
maintenance costs. -even though you;re in someone else's house you'll have to return it to the way it was when you first rented. in the last house I was in we rented an industrial carpet cleaner once every six months to get the place looking clean again.
when we moved out we have a load of things to do (we had to replace door that we'd put a hole in!), we painted over all the walls to remove marks where we'd have our hands on the walls, cleaned all the carpets. etc

I don't know if you've already got this stuff, or are intending to get it.

but don't forget that in the first month you'll need to pay.
months rent in advance, deposit and estate agent/realtor's fee's. but you'll also need to pay set-up fee's for your internet, maybe need to buy a TV, buy a hoover, buy plates and other crockery, buy cutlery, buy a kettle. you might also need to buy furniture, a new bed set, possibly buy a fridge and washing machine.

that first month can be a crippling hit to your finances! so make sure that you've really saved up enough to move out!

Ugh, I Intend to have quite a bit saved up for when i move out, thanks for this list though!

Back
Top Bottom