Getting Married in 86 days... DUN DUN DDUUUNNNN

ErdricK

In Runtime
Well 86 days until I get married...yikes. Got most of the plans finalized, booked and payed for. We have almost 30 people coming with us to Jamaica so it should be a blast. The wedding is going to be very casual, no best man or brides maids or anything like that. Just April, Myself on the beach with family behind us, should be a great time. I just picked up April's wedding band, here are a few pictures. Just wanted to share these.

BTW I do have a question about Jamaica - has anyone else been there? I hear its awesome but at the same time its the second most violent country in the world.

Anyone go there and explore? is that safe? I am excited and nervous at the same time. I don't want to die :)

My_Fiancee__s_Wedding_Band_by_mortalsinn.jpg

My_Fiancee__s_Wedding_Band_2_by_mortalsinn.jpg

I'm getting close to the 6 month mark in my marriage and we still haven't killed each other... But she kind of wanted to when she saw how much I spent on my new computer.... But I was like "Hon its more future proof than the 600$ build." She didn't think it was that funny. But with the frame rates I'm getting now I think its HILARIOUS!!!!!

Alright I'm done geekin out Big Grats!!! Enjoy Jamaica I've never been there but I hear its cool.

Congrats!

I've heard bad things about Jamaica, I wouldn't recommend that. If you are looking for the resort life it's probably alright. But not if you want seclusion of any sort. If you want peaceful and quiet vacation, check out St. John US Virgin Islands, Akumal, Mexico, or Belize.
We went to St. John recently and it was great! $6 for a bottle of Cruzan(local) rum. People are really friendly, and the place is beautiful.

stjohn.jpg

I went to Jamaica a few years ago. it's a beautiful country.

there is crime and violence there, but there is crime and violence everywhere in the world.

I wouldn't consider not going to America because a few cities have high gun crime and mortality rates.

the key question would be where in Jamaica are you going?

I went to a place called Ocho Rios it's on the north coast just down from Montego bay, just up the road is Dunns river falls, (the waterfalls that were in the film cocktail), when I say just up the road I mean I walked it along a trail called "the one love trail". it's about a mile or so away from the town.

I did visit the south coast to go on a boat tour of the Appleton Rum distillery, (which is near the centre of the island) and then on to a river tour of the black river -which is actually crystal clear, it's called the black river because it's so clear that it looks black because you can see the bottom, and the silt is black as it flows down from the blue mountains.

I didn't go to Kingston or Spanish town, which are supposed to be a bit rougher.

I didn't see any trouble at all, not even a hint that I might get into any kind of trouble...

I felt completely safe the whole time.

and would absolutely recommend the place as a holiday destination.

Yes Jamaica isn't the best place to visit but as long as you stay in the resort you will be okay. The Dominican Republic is a much better place and more Americans go there now instead of Jamaica because of the safety issue.

If you do leave the resort, be sure to go in a group and with someone (a guide) that is recommended by the hotel. Stay close together and don't wander off by yourself.

Best of luck, congratulations, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Kisses - Larisa

I went to Jamaica a few years ago. it's a beautiful country.

there is crime and violence there, but there is crime and violence everywhere in the world.

I wouldn't consider not going to America because a few cities have high gun crime and mortality rates.

the key question would be where in Jamaica are you going?

I went to a place called Ocho Rios it's on the north coast just down from Montego bay, just up the road is Dunns river falls, (the waterfalls that were in the film cocktail), when I say just up the road I mean I walked it along a trail called "the one love trail". it's about a mile or so away from the town.

I did visit the south coast to go on a boat tour of the Appleton Rum distillery, (which is near the centre of the island) and then on to a river tour of the black river -which is actually crystal clear, it's called the black river because it's so clear that it looks black because you can see the bottom, and the silt is black as it flows down from the blue mountains.

I didn't go to Kingston or Spanish town, which are supposed to be a bit rougher.

I didn't see any trouble at all, not even a hint that I might get into any kind of trouble...

I felt completely safe the whole time.

and would absolutely recommend the place as a holiday destination.
The difference between Chicago, murder capital of the world, and Jamaica and Mexico, is the human trafficing. As a rich American tourist, you stand out. So if you wander off the resort, you are a target. And things have changed A LOT in the last few years from what I hear...

wander off the resort? -I didn't stay at a resort, I stayed in a hotel in a town, the town where I stayed was a cruise ship drop off point, so plenty of rich tourists milling about. and still absolutely no trouble.

human trafficing? really?
are you scared to leave your house in the morning? -you might get hit by a bus you know, so probably best to stay indoors.

just go to a nice part of the island and you'll find the people nice and accommodating people. everything else is common sense.

lets say you take a load of money away, well, don't take it all out a once whilst you're wandering about on your first day.

it's all common sense.

if you find yourself in a dark alley at 3 in the morning with a few grand in your pocket in Kingston, then you're likely to run into trouble.

EXACTLY the same thing in Chicago.

exercise some common sense and you'll be just fine.

really, it is a lovely place. there is lots to see and do. it's not the only Caribbean island, so you can go to plenty of others, but I wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand.

I'll give ya a tip on what I learned about traveling the world, it's a lot safer then it seems.

I remember when I landed in Kosovo, a war torn country ravaged by genocide bombed out building rampant mafia activity and the biggest conduit for heroin.

It was the most peaceful, relaxing, and interesting country I have ever lived.

The war? People were over the war and recovering. The Mafia? They were merely interested in their business, they didn't want your money if anything they wanted you to stay safe! The safer you are the less trouble your in the less likely the police will come around.

Remember once at a bar two guys got into a fight the bar tender made a call within about a minute there was ONE GUY who walked over to the fight tapped each individual on the shoulder said something to them and they left peacefully.

He told them "If you two cause any trouble and the police come down and find something you'll pay with your wives" (not lives, but wives) guess what? No trouble, no police no one got hurt I saw the two individuals several times throughout my stay there never at once did they seem to be in pain or anything.

Essentially the mafia kept the law and order in Kosovo, and for the most part they kept it fair. The police force was really limited so if there wasn't anything going on a village the police never were there. The mafia become particularly good at ensuring everything remained peaceful. yea and if you were a foreginor you were their number one goal, if you got drunk they'd fucking drive you home, if you ran out of money and wanted more drinks they'd buy them for you, if some local (very rarely) got even in such much as a heated exchange of roads the local was removed. Why? Because if were a foreginor there you were related to KFOR, and if something happened to someone in KFOR they'd have NATO asking questions. That would impact business..

Back
Top Bottom