Windows XP on an HP Pavillion

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
When it boots up I get the blue screen of death. If I select a previous configuration it'll boot up normally. I tried the restoring everything using the hidden partition HP provides but I still get the same thing. Any ideas as to what might be wrong and what I can do to fix it?

The should be some text on the blue screen as to what failed. Can you get that text?

The should be some text on the blue screen as to what failed. Can you get that text?

Yeah, it says Stop: 0X0000005C

Gimmie a few and I'll get the rest of it.

Stop: 0x0000005c (0x0000010b, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

That's all it says. Running XP btw. When it boots up it says Windows is starting then it blue screens. Most of what I've read on the net is that it's a bios issue related with installing Windows 7. I'm at a loss.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Go to the "Last known good configuration" and then download all your hardware drivers from the Manufacturers site. From what I've found, this is a hardware driver issue.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks Infection.

K, reloaded all the drivers and still the same thing.

I misstated what I was doing earlier. "Last known configuration" actually get the blue screen too. I'm loading "Earlier Version of Windows" and it all works fine. Strange deal.

Back
Top Bottom