heavy object to move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3 people, 2 on the ends of the tv (there might be handles built in there) and put the third person on screen side of the tv. Trust me, that will help a lot, the screens on those tv's are so thick and heavy. I don't know about going down the stairs though, how wide it is if you can fit 3 people like that.

And just take your time and go slow.

Well, you've got gravity on your side, but that can be a bad thing, especially if the thing you're moving is very heavy.

No, it's easier going down the stairs than going up. :p

I would rather carry something heavy up the stairs personally.

Get a large piece of wood and tightly ratchet strap the TV to the wood so it's not going to budge from it (get this first bit wrong and the results will not be good!) Drill a hole towards the front of the wood and thread a thick bit of rope through the hole. That way you can stand at the top of the stairs and should just be able to slide the thing down each flight of stairs relatively easily.

Yeah I probably wouldn't be trying that

Yeah I probably wouldn't be trying that
Why not? I've moved several large and heavy pieces of sound equipment around that way - as long as you're careful it works a treat.

does anyone know how 2 people can move a 36 inch 250 lb CRT flat screen TV from the second floor of an apartment building to a car?

Is that one of those Mitsubishi's? I had one that was a 32". It was heavy and very clumsy. Might be in your better interest to hire some one to move that.
Another thing is let it cool off before you move it. The guns when hot tend to get knocked out of alignment. Good half hour of cooling and you should be good to go.

Is that one of those Mitsubishi's? I had one that was a 32". It was heavy and very clumsy. Might be in your better interest to hire some one to move that.
Another thing is let it cool off before you move it. The guns when hot tend to get knocked out of alignment. Good half hour of cooling and you should be good to go.
no its a sony, but yeah ill try that, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom