Regarding Temporary Files

Chubakke

Solid State Member
So I have free spyware doctor running on on my pc, and it often alerts me to possible infections on my computer. When this occurs I can usually just open the "temporary internet files" folder and delete the temporary files which usually are the cause of the alert.
But now spyware doctor says I have about 10 possible infections on my pc, I open the temp folder and there are about 10 files in their. But here is the problem: I select and delete the files but instead of being deleted like they should, absolutely nothing happens.
Any idea how I can get rid of these extremely stubborn files?

restart, hold f8 to get into safe mode and delete them there. The files will be deleted. Also try CCleaner, its great for cleaning that kind of junk up without having to go through your directories. Also if your spyware detection program is continuously detecting things you can use ccleaner (or run->msconfig) to see whats running at startup and if you find stuff that runs at startup thats named just a bunch of random letters and is in some strange location or in like local settings it'd be good to take those out as well. Ccleaner will also go through your registry and clean up unwanted references and such as well, in general ccleaner is full of win :D

Also, it'd probably be best to get better anti-virus software. I'd recommend McAfee or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (Theres a free version of the latter which works great, it'd definitely be worth downloading.)

Also, it'd probably be best to get better anti-virus software. I'd recommend McAfee or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (Theres a free version of the latter which works great, it'd definitely be worth downloading.)

McAfee is a system hog... AVG 9 is free and works just as well if not better.

Get Malwarebytes for sure though.

Was this resolved?

Back
Top Bottom