HELP!!! - Large Sony Vegas 9 video project corrupted!

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
I have been working on a personal video project for about a month now. Just last night the project had corrupted on me. Note that this program has been crashing on me numerous times which I kept having to restart the program whenever I work on this project. Here is what the message said every time I open this project now:

"An error occurred while loading the project file Personal Project.veg.

This file cannot be opened by the installer version of Vegas Pro, or the file may be corrupted. Please download and install the latest update of Vegas Pro.
"

I tried opening a different project and it opens up just fine. I tried a System Restore but still that doesn't do any help either. I even tried to do the Recovery Console by inserting my XP install disc but couldn't get to that (Recovery Console) screen by pressing F8 or the "Del." button. Is there a better or correct way to get to that screen other than my attempts?

Please help! I really need to complete this project. I've put in about a months worth of work into it and it's almost finish.

Thanks in advance for any help or inputs.

Sorry for the double post. That was an accident. I submitted my post but a weird screen came up. I thought my post didn't go through so I hit submit again just to make sure. Now I'm not sure how to delete the other post.

Have you installed the latest update from Sony Vegas Pro as directed?

You may be better served posting this question on the Sony Vegas forums below:

http://forums.creativecow.net/sonyvegas

There are some resident experts on that site that they advertise and they may have the answer to your question, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If you still don't get the help needed there, I would personally contact Sony with this question as they would ultimately have the best answer for you and any possible tools or tips.

Back
Top Bottom