New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with it? I played with one a while back and found it to be a great phone. It's pretty much the flagship android phone right now.

For one, the battery life is just a joke. It got to the point where she finally ended up returning it after two weeks and wound up getting a BlackBerry instead.

AT&T most certainly does not have an excellent selection of android phones. Their options currently are : Motorola Backflip (android 1.5!), Samsung Captivate, and Dell aero (android 1.6).

Just because they don't have what you want? :rolleyes:

For one, the battery life is just a joke. It got to the point where she finally ended up returning it after two weeks and wound up getting a BlackBerry instead.

The battery life is that bad? Reviews I read pegged it as lasting a full day with moderate use, and still having about 20% left over.

Just because they don't have what you want? :rolleyes:

Not really. Except for the captivate, their android selection is a joke. I definitely don't want to be stuck with a very outdated OS (though it looks like I will be for a couple months) on a slow phone.

I did go look at T-mobile by the way. They have quite a few android smartphones. So do sprint and verizon.

You are the most picky person i know.
Go Design your own phone....

And once u get a GPS signal you dont lose it unless you go through a underground tunnel like the Fort. Pitt Tunnel down here in Pittsburgh, but obviously any GPS would lose a signal.

and once a signal is detected and locked on, it wouldnt lose it.
Receivers are designed to have a "Tracking" on a received signal to give more leigh-way when keeping a signal. And you also need 3 or more Satellite signals to even work a GPS.

Transmissions 101...

Go Design your own phone....

If he did, it'd probably look like this. LOL!

img0024qz.jpg

But seriously foothead, get a grip on reality. Your requests are just plain unrealistic and absurd.

OK foothead. Make a list of everything that you'd like to have in a phone, and we will go through the possible options.

I just want something that isn't horribly outdated that has a decent screen and GPS. The streak will be just fine when 2.1/2.2 is released, the only problem I see being portability which isn't a huge issue.

Now if only I could get one... Hopefully my AT&T store will have it in stock tomorrow. Their website is completely useless (it rejects my account when I go to sign up) and the only other ordering option seems to be through Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom