vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

All 3 of the other forums I frequent(corral, chitownracing, and Rangerpowersports) all made this upgrade recently. I love it. It's a bit different, but you get used to it quickly. Much more modern looking, and it works great on PDAs. And one feature I like is embedded youtube videos.

You say that but I'm currently browsing in my phone and just got the message page cannot load because server stopped responding.

Usually I'd get a message lime that because the signal dropped. But I'm at home connected by wifi.

And to be fair the server wasn't always flakey all the time. How are we sure that the errors ar fixed? If you say you're sure I do believe you. After all you've got access to more information than I do. But it seems a risky move to upgrade everything not knowing that it'll work...
(is there a demo version that you couldn't on a teat server to check it out?).

I love you too root. I also agree with what you are saying. Upload CF to a test server, upgrade vBulletin and give a few people access to post and try everything out - make sure everything is stable.

Sure it's nice to have a flashy new-looking website but a flash new-looking website that doesn't work is not something any of us want.

vBulletin 4 upgrade (donations appreciated) Current total: $108 (from 4 donations) (Hoping to download and test end of this week)

I assume from that, that David is going to try it on a test server first.

David, have you downloaded VB4 yet? Is there a test server up yet? I'd like to have a look at it if possible.

Also, are more people going to donate? Folks keep saying they will but most have not come though as there are only 5 donations. C'mon guys so we can get this upgrade going.

Back
Top Bottom