Please help me install Windows XP on a Compaq C700

i want a laptop

In Runtime
So today I bought a Presario C700 laptop off of a friend of a friend for 30 dollars, other than being used for a couple of years (or however long he owned it) the screen is cracked and basically useless. Well for around 80 bucks on eBay I can fix that. Simple enough. But I'm installing XP on it because it has Vista and it's all bogged down. (Frostwire logo pops up when I get onto the desktop, so I bet he's got some viruses) So I throw in my Windows XP Pro SP3 install CD, and it boots to say it can't find any hard drive (motherf...) and to please f6 into the drivers from a floppy. Well this laptop is post-stoneage so it has no floppy disc. I already tried nLite and doing the text mode driver install CD thing, and that gave me the same problem. Here's the link for the drivers, there's only 3. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3678779#N800 I downloaded the first one and extracted it with winrar and found the files, and I thought it would have worked with nLite but Oh well.

Also I tried putting them on a USB drive but that wasn't detected, however my Ubuntu Linux CD boots fine...ugh...Windows...I might roll Linux on this laptop. Can someone please help me install xp?

Oh by the way I'm using an external monitor to do all of this.

Have you got an external USB floppy drive lurking around anywhere? They're useful things to have around when situations crop up like this... floppies may be dead but they resurface in annoying ways when you least expect it!

Back
Top Bottom