My Annual Reinstall

I haven't re-installed Windows since I built this PC, around 4 years ago, and it is still going good. No issues what so ever. Runs pretty much the same as it did at the start. I just run maintenance programs every couple of weeks.

You guys should do this: Reinstall Windows once and install all the programs and things you use all the time. Then make an image of your hard drive using Acronis, Norton Ghost or whatever you prefer. Then next time something goes wrong or you just feel like doing a fresh install, then all you have to do is pop in the restore disc and you should be able to restore your pc in about 10 mins or less with the image you made.

My buddy told me about this a while ago and he made an image just like I said. He finally used it a couple weeks ago and said it worked great.

+1 for Acronis, this is probably the most effective way to reinstall.

For me it's:
Windows 7
Comodo Internet Security
Google Chrome
Flash/Java
CCleaner
Nero 7 Ultra - For burning AVI's to DVD
DVDFab 6.2 - Copying DVD's - Backups of course for the 4 yr old *sigh* so many discs have I gone through...
Office 2010
VirtualCloneDrive
CPUID
Tweak7 - To enable "Take ownership" in context menu
Photoshop CS5

I've got Acronis TI 11 and haven't used it yet.

I'll use it when I finally pop W7 on my studio install. That's where it'll come in handy.

I do maintenance about half a month, and re-installs about a month to a month and a half.

Back
Top Bottom