US Navy Superiority in Trouble?

China is dependent on it's older brother for support.

I always thought that the USA was dependant on it's big brother china to keep buying them dollars and keep your economy going?

I always thought that the USA was dependant on it's big brother china to keep buying them dollars and keep your economy going?
Haha, we owe China a lot of money, but imagine if the US and China got into a war. And the US no longer exported food to China, and no longer imported goods from China(we can sustain ourselves here). China would collapse of famine as they already have a problem with feeding their population.

Some more points to bring up, this missile's range is 900 miles. Obviously a defense weapon. And anti-carrier missiles are not new by any means. Go research Silkworm and Sea Eagle. Shorter range, but still can reach international waters.
IF the US thought this was any sort of threat, think about how fast we would be sending ships out there. Cuban Missile Crisis ring any bells?

We have come close to war with China before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Taiwan_Strait_Crisis
But the US is not someone they want to mess with. We can sit 50 miles off their coast in "International Waters" and taunt them. Strongarm them, like we do to every country we want. Now it's a little risky to do that. They have finally come up with some defense.

Similar to Canada's economy, China's is becoming intertwined with the US'. Which is just more proof that this is nothing more than a defense weapon not to be used on us.

The Media and gov't are just using this to stir up the people to allow more pentagon funding. If you have ever seen Canadian Bacon, well, that plot is semi true. The US does want to provoke an all-out fight. And this is just stirring the pot...

I can't remember where or when it was but I remember the us govt did a nuke test in water using ships that where to be scrapped as a test to see if a nuke could sink ships with waves. I thk it was unsuccessful tho the ships where damaged.

The U.S. Actually tested Nuclear bombs on Japan's and Germany's remaining fleet after WW2. Of the several tests they did, they found out that detonating the device at 15 ft (or meters ??) above sea level would effectively do the most damage to ships. The tests they did under the water would jack the ships up pretty good but would not capsize the ship or sink it. If interested, check out the movie "The Bomb". It goes through the US' extensive testing of the device and there's a section about off-shore usage of a nuke.

Back
Top Bottom