My Annual Reinstall

Firefox for internet browsing
MS Office 2010
Windows live messenger
Nod 32 4 antivirus
utorrent
FrostWire

I cannot live without the above ^^

I'd recommend opera for the web browser and microsoft security essentials as the antivirus (really light footprint)

I just install things as I need them... Like I formated almost a year ago, but never installed frostwire until recently as I was on the MTU connection and didn't want to use that software. But today I got an urge to download some Pogues.

I usually only format/reinstall when something goes totally fubar.

That being said, this copy of 7 has been going for a while without issue.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Me>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date: 10/16/2009, 1:55:36 PM

I reinstall when stuff gets really screwed up and I don't want to bother to figure out what it is. Or every 6 months or so. Depends which computer. Been running the same install on my laptop for about 9 months. My desktop has been reinstalled twice in the past 9 months. Did it just recently because my game kept BSODing. It still crashes and BSODs though even with the new install... I'll install software as needed. It's annoying when I do finally need the software and it's not there, but how often I use it, that will be the only time I use it on that install, lol.

First thing I always do on a new install is get on IE and download Firefox. That concludes my use of IE for the remainder of the time until I reinstall again. :p

My annual reinstall is here! Does anyone else reinstall windows instead of doing the annual maintenece (Defrag,Uninstalls,Virus Scan,etc,etc)?

What software do you normally install with windows?

This year im planning:

-Windows 7
-Office 2010
-Firefox
-Somesort of DVD Ripping Software (Still undecided) - Handbreak!
-SUPER - Nah, VLC!
-Antivirus (Still Deciding) - AVG!
-Media monkey or winamp (Still Deciding) - Out of the two, I'd saw Winamp.
-Photoshop

^ IMO, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom