Our big break: 70's Chevelle

winslow33

Daemon Poster
yeah :cool:
me and the guys finally got what we wanted-- the possibility to get ourselves known restoring cars. This older gentleman called us up 2 days ago, he was wondering if we could finish his 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS project :eek:
We went over with the truck to pick it up for him, the thing was sitting in a barn covered in dust and hay. Pulled her out into the yard:

103018.1970.Chevrolet.Chevelle.Super.Sport.2-Door.Hardtop.350.jpg

Mostly surface rust, doesnt really need any body work except the back passenger panel has a huge hole as you can see.
[FONT=arial, helvetica] has rebuilt 350, with a 4 speed, correct 12 bolt, with correct trailing arms, disc brakes, good frame, console is gone but corrct holes and bracket in place..
Engine turns over but wont start... probably needs some carb work by the looks of it. Needs a new muffler, and some paint.
I am jealous of the man. I wish she was mine. He wants it to look like:
0.jpg

[/color]
[/FONT]

wow... he does some high quality stuff! ^^

Anyways, we sanded off some of the primer.. get a load of Bondo Bob over here!
83532615_be2dbc68ac_o.jpg

The roof glass channel had been welded over in a poor attempt to keep the rear glass sealed. Welding metal over top of rust does not make the job right. fail.

106859701_d649dadf44.jpg

..oh, and heres that quarter panel after we took off the liter or two of body filler
106887727_eb08bc4e8b.jpg

..oh, and heres that quarter panel after we took off the liter or two of body filler
106887727_eb08bc4e8b.jpg
I love swiss cheese!

Anyway, that is a nice car, I love those 70's Chevelles. Hopefully you guys can make it look like that for him, keep the pictures coming!

Oh man, that might have turned into a bigger project than first thought, haha. What do you guys charge per hour?

Oh man, that might have turned into a bigger project than first thought, haha. What do you guys charge per hour?

Haha, yeah, we are currently welding in whole new quarter panels...
As for payment we charge cost of parts + $30/hour. Wich most people find reasonable consitering big shops around here (theres only 2) charge from $50-$60/hour and the cost of parts. Personally I think we could charge a little more (40$/hour?) but we decidede upon starting off cheaper so more people will want to come to us, then maybe later slowly raise our costs.

I want to get a website up and running for us but none of us really know anything about it...

I'm sure that there are people that would be willing to give you a hand with a website (I'd be happy to help).

Thanks for the offer j03! first I have to find a good (hopefully free :p ) host before I set to work... Do you know of anything?

In other news, we welded in the new quarter panels
110639258_f51fe3f4a0.jpg

$30 an hour is VERY good. I think that Opher Auto, who's site I posted earlier, charges around 80-90 an hour? I think, but I'm not really sure. I'd say $30 would be good for this project to get this guy to start spreading your name out there, then bump it up to $35 on the next project and then $40 soon after. How many guys do you have working?

Back
Top Bottom