New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested the GPS today for just going to a friends house, and I must say this is a lot more accurate than my iPhone. This actually tells me where to go and shows the correct street I am. I have yet to find any flaw that cannot be fixed yet.

I will keep you updated.

I never paid data on my iPhone for almost a year. I went from a crappy Samsung to a Palm and then just transferred the sim card into the iPhone. I just used wifi for a while. I only activated the data when I moved out of state.

I tested the GPS today for just going to a friends house, and I must say this is a lot more accurate than my iPhone. This actually tells me where to go and shows the correct street I am. I have yet to find any flaw that cannot be fixed yet.

I will keep you updated.

How fast was it in locating satellites?

BTW Thanks. +1

I never paid data on my iPhone for almost a year. I went from a crappy Samsung to a Palm and then just transferred the sim card into the iPhone. I just used wifi for a while. I only activated the data when I moved out of state.

The problem isn't that I want no data, it's that I wanted to keep my EDGE-only data plan.

It doesn't matter anymore, since AT&T already picked up the blackberry I've been using and shut off my data.

The GPS so far has been really quick. I still haven't had any problems. I put Avatar season 2 on my phone and have been watching it while I was out, and the screen on the Captivate is just amazing.

The GPS so far has been really quick. I still haven't had any problems. I put Avatar season 2 on my phone and have been watching it while I was out, and the screen on the Captivate is just amazing.

That's really strange. Every review I have read said the GPS is incredibly slow and inaccurate.

Time for more googling.

If they consider that slow, then they have obviously never used an iPhone.

So I guess that wouldn't be a fair comparison, would it?

foothead, go into an AT&T store and try it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom