Finished build with pics!

Here's a nice article on mechanical keyboards for you... linky.

My understanding is that the mechanical switches are more responsive and better made. That article goes into decent detail into this, and descriptions of various mechanisms.

Most keyboard today use rubber domes. The switch activates when the dome collapses and hits the bottom. The reason most manufacturers put them in their keyboards is because they're cheap.

Mechanical keyboards use a switch with a spring in them. They provide a better feel and last much longer than rubber domes.

I've seen both too. If there's no grill on the bottom of the case then you have to mount it as you have. But i'm sure underneath the PSU will be a grill, for a WC rad/PSU, for it to inhale via the bottom of the case.

The idea is that the PSU breathes fresh air via the grill in the bottom of the case and exhausts it out the rear. Otherwise it will suck already warm air from inside the case.

Google for images and you will see enthusiasts mount it the right way round, where they can.

turn it upside down? I seen pics of other people set up and their psu is upright.

I've seen both too. If there's no grill on the bottom of the case then you have to mount it as you have. But i'm sure underneath the PSU will be a grill, for a WC rad/PSU, for it to inhale via the bottom of the case.

The idea is that the PSU breathes fresh air via the grill in the bottom of the case and exhausts it out the rear. Otherwise it will suck already warm air from inside the case.

Google for images and you will see enthusiasts mount it the right way round, where they can.

EDIT:

In fact after looking into this further i'd say your PSU 'is' mounted the wrong way. Don't know how cause the screws just wouldn't match up. Check the holes on the PSU with the holes on the case.

Wouldn't hurt to have a look.

:)

Back
Top Bottom