Act of War Direct Action on Windows 7 Error

Warren1

In Runtime
One of my favorite games has to be Act of War Direct Action (based on one of my favorite books :)) but for some reason when I try to load the game it shows me error messages and says that AOWDA has stopped working.

Error Message 1:

Title: Unsupported 16-Bit Application

The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\warren\AppData\Local\Temp\~RomDmp1\RomDump.com" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

(Click ok error message 2 shows up)

Error Message 2:

(It loads the logo and a window but nothing shows up on the window and error message 2 shows up)

Title: Erreur

DirectX Initialization failed| Make sure that you do not have other significant applications using DirectX ressources.|
Negative video memory - critical failure
DirectX9Init - Creating TEugDirectX9ApplicationInstance
DirectX9Init - Windowed = 1
DirectX9Init - Multsample Type = 0
DirectX9Init - FrameBufferFormat = X8R8G8B8
DirectX9Init - Total graphics memory = -1813 MB
DirectX9Init - EDirectX9InitFailed caught
DirectX9Init - Apres KillAndEugFree_ForExceptionInConstructor
DirectX9Init - Change mode attempt failed : 5
DirectX9Init - TEugDirectX9ApplicationInstance Killed

(Click ok Error Message 3 comes up)

Error Message 3:

Title: Erreur d'application

(Red Skull and Crossbones Image) Exeception 'EDirectX9InitFailed' in module actofwar.exe at 00167ABB
Negative video memory - critical failure

Source file: UNKNOWN, Line UNKNOWN

(Click ok all screens close)

*Everything is copied down word for word, all spelling errors were in the message that I copied down like "incompatibity" in error message 1.*

I've only used it on XP and I have the game set up as adminstrator and compatible for XP Service Pack 3.

So I'm assuming that you're playing now on Windows 7 64bit correct? And do you play the online game?

You can download VirtualBox, throw Ubuntu 10.04 on there and play it with Wine. If you need any help setting up the VirtualBox, just post another thread so if someone else has a question the search function will help them out.

I had the same problem and this is how i fixed it: 1. set compatibility to windows xp service pack 3 ... 2. select run as administrator ... then hold down the windows key and press R in the run command type in msconfig and hit enter. Choose boot tab hit the advanced then select max memory and type 2000. Enjoy the game ;)

Back
Top Bottom