My carrrr!!! :D

Kage

Golden Master
Yay's I now have myself a car in my drive!!! :D

A Nissan Micra :cool: Not the best car in the world by all means, but it'll be good for a starter, and it's supposedly a rather nippy car, even though its only a 997CC, 1.0 liter.

Was so happy to see it, for some reason when I got home from work. I just jumped in it and started playing around with everything, haha :rolleyes:

I want to test its speaker system out (it'll sound crappy I'm sure), but I can't find any damn...tapes...yes...tapes....

Only problem is, I had a driving test today. My 4th to be exact, and I failed it... so... I'm going to have to insure it on a provisional license for now, which will be cheaper, until I pass.

I have another test now on the 22nd September, so here's hoping :( my 5th, it'll be!

I got 2 majors, yet, on my last test, I only got 1, and it was a damn stupid mistake. These ones were too really.

The first was, I was on a round about and a massive big ass truck was beside me, and it started to come into my lane as it needed more room, and the examiner darted for the wheel and pulled it to the side, so I didn't see that one coming. I saw the truck, but didn't expect it to come darting at the side of me.

Then, on a road, where I was wanting to turn right, I had to stop to let traffic on the approaching side to come through, but I must have positioned my car too far back, because as I made the turn, I cut a corner of the other lane, which again is a major apparently.

So yeah. 2 mistakes which could have been avoided rather easily. He said I'm a good driver however in other regards.

I was so excited when I got my first car. Have fun and good luck with the next test.

Hehe, thanks you two!

I found a tape and tested the speaker system, and it isn't too bad but I would like it better, as I'm an audio freak, and if I'm to be driving long distances, I want something that is going to sound great.

Finding a CD/MP3 player is pretty easy and can be found for around £50.

But, what speakers/subs/amps would you recommend?

I'm not looking for it to be a power house or anything, or bass boomy. I would like something that sounds balanced in all frequencies, and oozes quality, for a manageable price.

Any ideas? :) I'm a newbie with sound in cars, by the way.

4x40watt on the CD players for example confuses me (4x40 watts seems to be the norm with some having sub outputs). That mean, if I get speakers that are 100 watt's for example, I'd need an amp? Find it confusing.

All in one packages may be worth me considering:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_508423_langId_-1_categoryId_165707#dtab
?

Do you have any pictues of it?
I like Nissans. My dad used to have an old 80s king cab pickup truck, that thing could take anything, amazing gas mileage for an 80s truck too.
My brother owned a 1987 Maxima, another nice little car back in the day. the only problem is parts are costly as hell

Nice! How much is your insurance, and how old are you?

I drive a Renault clio (on a provisional license ATM) - Some people where quoting £2000, but we then found someone that was quoting £700. HOWEVER, we asked them how much it would be once I got a full license - it went up to £3000/year!

I'm with the NFU Now - £540/year including my mum and my dad on the policy.

Dang! I feel old!

It's great when you can go on your parents insurance policy cause it's cheap. When I first started out my dad put me on his insurance and I ended up paying for both of us; it was much cheaper than paying for my own insurance. The only thing is you don't get and no claims bonuses.

You can get head units these days with powerful(?) class D amplification. But whether you want boom bass or a balanced set up i'd consider a power amp fed from the head unit with some nice speakers. What does make a difference is securing loose panels.

Back
Top Bottom