water cooling help

justinups

In Runtime
ram

A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

video

HIS H575Q1GD Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

cpu

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

motherboard

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

2 ssds

OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) OCZSSD2-1VTXLE50G 2.5" 50GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

i want to water cool the gpu, CPU,and chipset

any suggestions

also ratesystem

i know the ram sucks

Assuming your chipset will be able to handle those speeds. Be prepared for a lot of work. SSD's are a hell of an upgrade but require weekly maintenance - TRIM, CFSD, and FSC. That is, assuming you want that transfer speed to last.

In addition, the 5750 will not need liquid cooling. I sincerely doubt blocks are even made for it.
I also do not see chipset coolers for the 890FX as a whole. You will need to buy separate blocks for the NB and SB and MOSFETs. Or buy them as you see needed (the southbridge rarely needs liquid cooling) and buy heatsinks for the rest.

Ahh, I see. I wasn't aware you were using the Euro, thus not in America.

FSC is FreeSpaceCleaner, which is to be used after a CFSD (ConsolidateFreeSpaceDefrag). This process is also known as TONY TRIM to OCZ SSD users. The TRIM function in windows 7 isn't up to par for maintaining OCZ drives, as I've seen.

That video has been around. Of course they're going to have increased speed. They're running many dedicated RAID controllers. You will most likely be using your southbridge, yes? Keep in mind what else the southbridge is in control of and how much it has to divide its resources.

ok one other thing and i know its getting off tpic i cant get windows to see the ssd during install. or pick up the drivers i have had the installed befor

Is this a 64 bit edition? Most 64 bit editions have trouble accepting drivers for RAID. I know my xpx64 copy did.

Hope you're familiar with slipstreaming. We'll cover a few other possibilities first.

Have you first created a RAID Array?

Back
Top Bottom