Roaming folder dll Virus - PLEASE HELP!

MissMarieTM

Beta member
Hello, I know this isn't Hardware per se, but I need some help.

Let me begin by saying I have Windows Vista, 32 Bit, Antivirus is Avast! Home.
I was browsing the web today, looking at Geek furniture, (Honestly. I run a blog for geeks) and my Antivirus warned me when I visited a particular page, that a threat was found. I'm not sure if this was the cause, or if the problem was already there. Here's what's going on:

After my computer slowing down VERY NOTICEABLY, on any program or process, I decided to reboot. When it started back up, it gave me the following error: "C:\Users\Aaron\Appdata\Roaming\Forfilesd.dll - Cannot be loaded, has a virus." So the first thing I did, was shut my computer off once again, and run System Restore. Not sure if that was the best thing to do, but it's been done. I restored it to two days ago, and rebooted. The same file error came up. So then I ran my Antivirus, specifically into the Roaming folder, and it came up clean. Now the dll file is currently in the Virus Chest of my Avast, and thus why I believe the Roaming folder came up clean. But my system is slowing to a crawl, and it is (of course) giving me the same error that the dll cannot be loaded every time I reboot. It is reading it as a Windows32 Malware-Gen. How do I fix this? How do I restore the file? Please help! :(

try this little trick that works for me most of the time. create a new administrator account restart log on to new account than delete old one.believe it or not this little trick fixes alot of problems that computers gets.

Before you run anything disable the restore points. A lot of nasty critters hide out there. When you roll back the system it's business as usual for them. Then run combofix followed by stinger. Google for stinger.

Back
Top Bottom