FIRST build EVER

SnowManSnow

Solid State Member
Ok, so long story short.. I bought StarCraft2 and can't STAND that I cant run it on ULTRA settings haha. SOOOOOO I want to build my first gaming rig.

I'm looking for advice on what mother board I should purchase, along with what processor and graphics card (wold be great if I could use HDMI to a smallish LED TV I have). I checked newegg and found a WIDE price range for some of the newer stuff.

Just as a note, I don't mind purchasing last generation stuff, as long as it is only a small downgrade from the latest and greatest.

what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

I got a couple of questions before I find some parts for you.

Since you are getting a new motherboard, does that mean you will need new RAM? The newer motherboards uses DDR3 RAM.
Also, is the mobo, CPU, and GPU the only things you need? You already have the OS, decent power supply to run the new parts, and the rest of the system?

I'm afraid I'll need everything... From the case up. I don't even know if 700 will come close

You can check out the **New Build Guide**, look at what Worshipme suggested, and change some parts around if you like. Then post back, and we'll verify if everything is compatible.

that looks really good except that the hard drive looks like its a caviar green, which will be terrible for running an OS off of.

Back
Top Bottom