Need help with Custom PC!

Pandemo21

Beta member
Hi everybody, Pandemo here.
My birthday is coming up and I want to build up a custom PC. Now, I'm not very good at IT, technology etc, but I do try. :eek:
So far I got some good specs for it, but I'm not sure if they are good enough.
I want to have a good budget, not higher than 3000 atleast. Here are the specs that I found...

Intel i7 16x (I prefer intel personally :rolleyes: )
4GB ram DDR2/DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Good prices, good performance :D )
500GB - 1TB Hard Drive (1TB seems pretty standard nowadays)
MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard (I'll post a link)

Thats so far what I'm stuck on. All I need to complete the list is a power supply :( . I think 800W-1000W is good enough.

So what I need from you guys, is a link for a good power supply or model. And I need your personal opinions on the things I have chosen.

Yours Truly,
Pandemo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223 is the link for the motherboard.

Just a few things there.

You can't put an Intel CPU on an AMD motherboard. So if thats the motherboard you like then you'll have to go with an AMD CPU. Otherwise go with a P55 or x58 depending which Intel i7 you go for.

Also if you do go with an Intel X58 motherboard then you 'should' go with tri-channel RAM; so 3 X 1GB or 3 X 2GB and so on, whereas the P55 and AMD set ups will be good with dual channel sets.

Generic question: What are you going to be doing with it? and with a 3000$ budget you can pretty much build a computer that will do what ever you want it to do for.... ohhh 4 years?

Generic question: What are you going to be doing with it? and with a 3000$ budget you can pretty much build a computer that will do what ever you want it to do for.... ohhh 4 years?

Well, maybe a bit less that 3000.... Im gonna use it for gaming ofc, why else would I need to make a custom PC? I just want a good, cheap computer that is able to run games like MW2 and the new stuff at High to Extra settings. I have been using laptops all my life and I'm sick and tired of them. Sure, nice and portable but for a person like me? Meh.... So yeah, a good gaming PC that is cheap.

Edit:
The guy above me saved me about 200 bucks. As I said, I'm not good at tech ;)

What is your definition of cheap? Your parts suggest otherwise. "Cheap" gaming systems are generally +/- $500 or so. Your system is borderline "top of the line."

Back
Top Bottom