Random Chit Chat

Fill balloons with some rancid smell your cat hates,put them near the gundam's.

Problem solved :D
Pretty much perfume and air fresheners.

Citrus works on dogs, not so sure about cats. Worth a try, I guess.

The quick solution? Don't let the cat in your room at night. You'll keep your models/action figures safe and keep your computer cleaner all at the same time. It's a win all the way around.

Yeah, my cat doesn't like citrus, and my brother told me to peel an orange and put it next to it.

My cat sleeps in the same room as me, her bed is on my bed. Also, she can't get a good night sleep unless she's in the same room as me.

Fair enough. I'd certainly go with a small citrus item so it can have the desired effect without driving the cat insane from the strong citrus in the room. Some air fresheners or possible a spray. Or as was suggested to you, an orange.

EDIT: And I'm going to upload pictures for those of you that were anxiously (not really) waiting for them in the rigs thread.

Might pick up some air fresheners later today.

Anybody know how to make a picture taken from a camera look better? My camera phone is a 2MP, so the quality is not great. I plan on using GIMP as I don't have photoshop, and don't feel like getting it.

A lot of people say use anti aliasing effects in GIMP, but I can't see how that would help to sharpen the image :S

Do the pictures come out blurry or just pixelated or poorly colored?

Been using GIMP for a while now, but I never really touch any of the features other than simple photo editing like resizing, cropping, color touchups etc. It works better than I remember it to be.

I tried using AA in Gimp, doesn't really do much.

for me, it's:

Color balance->saturation->brightness/contrast->sharpening

A lot of people say use anti aliasing effects in GIMP, but I can't see how that would help to sharpen the image :S

Do the pictures come out blurry or just pixelated or poorly colored?

Blurry, this is the picture
Photo087size.jpg

I think I need better lighting too.

I tried using AA in Gimp, doesn't really do much.

for me, it's:

Color balance->saturation->brightness/contrast->sharpening

Know how to do those on GIMP? The only thing I know how to do out of those is sharpening, and I can barely see a difference.

Since it's from a camera phone, freehand. However, my hand was settled down onto the table, so I don't think my hand shook.

Blurry, this is the picture

I think I need better lighting too.

Know how to do those on GIMP? The only thing I know how to do out of those is sharpening, and I can barely see a difference.

Picture looks out of focus. Lighting is huge, it sucks when you have to compensate for low light with ISO.

Those things are easy to do in GIMP. They're all in the "Colors" menu. Sharpening can make a little or big difference, it all depends on how sharp your picture is to begin with and how much you sharpen it. I usually go to 20-22.

Here's what a little post processing can do. This is straight off the camera, re-size only:

IMG_0803resize.jpg

Here is with colors saturated to about 30-40, contrast bumped to around 15-20 (I think) and sharpness at 20. I didn't touch color balance. The color of the ground is a bit off.

IMG_0803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom