DVD Drive Problems

mitch0508

In Runtime
Hi. I built a gaming pc about a week ago now and it has been working perfectly. I just added a DVD/CD drive to it from my old pc. When i put in a CD you can here the drive spinning and the green light on the dvd drive lights up but on the computer when you double click on the drive it doesnt do anything and it doesnt show that theres anything in the drive. Do you know why?

I am using windows 7

Thanks

I don't remember ever seeing a DVD drive with drivers before. There's not to much you can do in that situation besides making sure the cables are plugged in all the way was your old computer using IDE cables?

Yes the old computer used IDE and i have done the same with this one and its still not working

I don't remember ever seeing a DVD drive with drivers before. There's not to much you can do in that situation besides making sure the cables are plugged in all the way was your old computer using IDE cables?
I have.
Yes the old computer used IDE and i have done the same with this one and its still not working

Tricky one this, What operating System is your old machine...And put it back in your old machine, and see if it works.

My old operating system was windows 7 aswell but i cant put it back in the old one because most of the parts are in my new built machine!

Iv just spoke to someone about this and they think that if i reinstall windows 7 it should fix the problem. Do you think this will work?

My old operating system was windows 7 aswell but i cant put it back in the old one because most of the parts are in my new built machine!

Iv just spoke to someone about this and they think that if i reinstall windows 7 it should fix the problem. Do you think this will work?

I wouldn't go that far yet. First I would double check the Master/Slave jumper on the drive and make sure it's set properly. Remember, if this is the only IDE drive on the cable it must be set as a Master.

Back
Top Bottom