Camera Questions.

Four Third cameras use the same sized sensors as SLR's so whilst they don't have the mirror mechanisms, they are essentially the same quality.
I have been wondering about them myself, but something says 'professional' when you are holding an SLR in your hands :p

Someone bought me a Canon PowerShot SD980IS a few months back. Other than the horrible touch screen, it's a pretty decent camera.

Films high definition videos as well.

Yea I got a Sony DSC-S730. Great little digital camera...

DSC00608.jpg

Please Note: I am not promoting Gigabyte motherboards in any way, shape or form and the picture is just a demonstration of the Macro feature of the Sony DSC-S730.

True. The DSC-S730 is a little wider but it fits in my pocket.

I use the Macro function a lot mainly and the colour definition is great.

Four Third cameras use the same sized sensors as SLR's so whilst they don't have the mirror mechanisms, they are essentially the same quality.
I have been wondering about them myself, but something says 'professional' when you are holding an SLR in your hands :p

Four thirds is a true SLR format. I think you are thinking of micro four thirds, which is designed for cameras to bridge between high end point and shoot and low end SLR.

My camera is a regular four thirds SLR, and I must say that I am impressed, but it seems to me like twe sensor is still far too small. This is still a problem with all DSLRs imo. If you don't believe me, try to photograph something dark against the sky. The dark areas wil usually be exaggerated. The picture stil looks good, but it is not how things actually looked. I usually have to take three bracketed exposures and use photoshop to merge them in order to get it right. Idk, it just does not compare to film imo.

I bought the Canon Rebel EOS T2i (Known as the 550D) - Its quite a big upgrade from the T1i (500D)

I love love love it.....here it a pic I took of my Cat.

rogue.jpg

Here is a picture of my car using the 550D. Except for greatly reducing the resolution ( I am sure the mods don't want me posting 5184 x 3456 pictures LOL) this photo is untouched. I think it captured the Red very nicely.

Mustang.jpg
The cat pic is nice. But there's something odd about the mustang shot. The colors just don't seem right.

That's a great shot remeniz! How much does that camera cost?

I got it about two years ago for £100. You might get it for less now but you have to get an SD card. In the right light the Macro function is brilliant.

DSC013571-1.jpg

It's a bit dark and a little out of focus. This bug is no bigger than a centimetre.

Back
Top Bottom