Random Chit Chat

Looks like you're not the only one with these types of issues...

timeheuer.com said:
Many are experiencing frame-dropping (I was averaging 5-12 on a 2ghz Athlon 64), and constant vsync tearing. Netflix nor Microsoft seems aware or willing to address this issue, as I contacted technical support only to be told to 'lower my resolution to 800x600' or 'put in a faster processor'.

There's actually a way to spoof the operating system in Linux through Firefox from what I've read over at UbuntuForums. Not sure how it's done but it's not completely impossible to use Netflix, as there's Moonlight (I think that's the app) which emulates Silverlight.

moonlight just gives me the 'get silverlight' thing. I tried it a while back. Thanks though.

Btw, is there a way to turn the lcd off on an iphone with the app still running and active? I want to convert the remains of my iphone into an input device for my computer.

i need to find a forum.. i used to frequent a vehicle related one but it shut down randomly one day and never came back. anyone here a member of a car techie forum-ish place? most i googled are either no good, or with hardly any active members.

I have this shelf where I put my Gundam models and miscellaneous figures on. However, I do also own a cat, and sometimes in the morning when I don't wake up, she likes to find things to play with, and it seems like my shelf is her first priority. Do any of you guys know know to either protect it or somehow stop my cat from attacking it? Without doing anything to the cat.

I don't think that's a very good idea as it's only about 15 feet away from my bed.

What's the difference between I.T. and Computer Science and Engineering? My current college offers I.T. (2 years, and it's a community college), but not Computer Science and Engineering. However, the current school I am trying to transfer into has Computer Science and Engineering (4 years, University), and not I.T.

I'm thinking of getting into the field of programming by the way.

I have this shelf where I put my Gundam models and miscellaneous figures on. However, I do also own a cat, and sometimes in the morning when I don't wake up, she likes to find things to play with, and it seems like my shelf is her first priority. Do any of you guys know know to either protect it or somehow stop my cat from attacking it? Without doing anything to the cat.

Put duct tape sticky side up on the shelf. Worked for my cat.

Back
Top Bottom